How do you plan to spend your reading time? (1 Viewer)

13abie

HSC
For English, Paper 1 and Paper 2 respectively.

For paper 1:
I was going to read two of the comprehension texts for 5mins to get a gist, then spend the next 5 planning my essay. Then after the essay I would do the comprehension and then move onto the creative last

For paper 2:
I was gonna flick through all of the questions, nut out the hardest one/oddball and start trying to build a thesis.

What are your plans?:redface:

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
skim through comprehension for 5 min and read questions < 1 min and spend the rest of time spend rest of time planning essay,
Then do comprehension, essay then creative

timinator1993

HSC
Um, prolly skip straight to questions and spend maby a min on each just thinking about how i can related my ideas to it/what techniques and quotes to use etc, then do a quick 1 min plan then get right into it, leave hardest til last to let my mind nut it out

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Spend like 8 minutes understanding the unseen texts and then 2 minutes planning out my creative + essay

if i turn to see the creative being like write a letter or something, they probably spend like 5+ mins planning lolol

fakermaker

HSC
I do comprehension, then creative and then essay.

I know my creative from memory and its only about 800 words. If I can finish it in half the time, I get more for the essay

jamesfirst

HSC
Aren't you memorising your essay???? Why would you plan a thesis ?

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC
It's a horrible idea to pre-prepare an essay, most likely you won't answer the question but rather just spew out what you've remembered.

jamesfirst

HSC
It's a horrible idea to pre-prepare an essay, most likely you won't answer the question but rather just spew out what you've remembered.
It's easy.

Because if you fully memorised it, you can change it as you go along. Especially for topics like belonging, very easy to manipulate your essay to fit the q

HSC
Uni Grad
I spend around 6 minutes reading the texts, then 2 minutes planning my essay, and 2 minutes planning how to adapt the creative into the stimulus. Then I'm going to do the creative first, the essay next and the short answer last

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)