HSC
N/A
Name
Rank
Teachers
Resources
Performance
Your Cohort

Just what is your general outlook. I know most of you guys are probably from selective or private schools but lets see whether the grass is really greener on the other side.

RishBonjour

HSC
Name:
teachers: i love some, and some i dislike (we hardly learn anything)
resources: LOLOLOLOLOLOL
performance: previous year, for our school, did pretty well.
Your cohort: some really smart kids, then the average ones (me), and then..

overall. 2/10

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
I should have wrote something

Name: An infamous SW school
Teachers: replicated student attitudes
Resources: Outdated/Nonexistent
Performance: Never > 90s
Your Cohort: 85% < 60s (HSC 2009)

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Name:
teachers: i love some, and some i dislike (we hardly learn anything)
resources: LOLOLOLOLOLOL
performance: previous year, for our school, did pretty well.
Your cohort: some really smart kids, then the average ones (me), and then..

overall. 2/10
Ouch. Really that bad?

lilly luta

HSC
I just love school <3 love all of my teachers too
Rate 10/10

eat_well

HSC
Rank-70-something
Teachers-all quite nice and I'm happy with all the teachers I have. Some aren't so nice and others just can't teach.
Resources- Meh.
Performance- Alright-ish. Last year did quite well so hopefully, the same will happen this year.
Your Cohort- Quite competitive. We're supposed to be a smart cohort but I don't see it.
7/10

HSC
Name
Rank
Teachers
Resources
Performance
Your Cohort

Just what is your general outlook. I know most of you guys are probably from selective or private schools but lets see whether the grass is really greener on the other side.
Name/Rank: Top 5 selective
Teachers: 7.5/10 on average. We have a mixture of good and bad ones just like any other public school.
Resources: 8/10
Performance: 9/10
Your Cohort: 8.5/10 We have freakishly smart geniuses, but we also have quite a long tail... IMHO

Overall: 8.5/10 I'm quite happy with my school. Extracurricular involvement is emphasised and encouraged, not just academic excellence (we don't even have subject awards for years 7-9 at presentation day). They also try really hard to make us well rounded and have a "higher order of thinking" rather than just typical rote learning and studying 24/7.

Last edited:

theycallmebob

HSC
Teachers: mostly bad, some good
Resources: ok
Performance: not one student got more than one b6 last year
Your Cohort: some good ones

5/10

ncoul

HSC
Rank: 96 (Should be around 60s if it wasn't for the 40 or so strong IB students)
Teachers: Mostly good and diligent, few doctorates (If that even matters)
Resources: Good, modern (So it should be for amount of money each year)
Performance: Not as well as it should be
Cohort: IB is pretty good, but HSC is fairly average

Overall: 8/10 Strong emphasis on student teacher relation, pastoral and 'academic nurturing', whatever that means. Embraces tradition and Religion, like any other private school.

Last edited:

ncoul

HSC
Name/Rank: Top 5 selective
Teachers: 7.5/10 on average. We have a mixture of good and bad ones just like any other public school.
Resources: 8/10
Performance: 9/10
Your Cohort: 8.5/10 We have freakishly smart geniuses, but we also have quite a long tail... IMHO

Overall: 8.5/10 I'm quite happy with my school. Extracurricular involvement is emphasised and encouraged, not just academic excellence (we don't even have subject awards for years 7-9 at presentation day). They also try really hard to make us well rounded and have a "higher order of thinking" rather than just typical rote learning and studying 24/7.
Your profile says that your female, but this sounds like a certain Sydney city boys school

madharris

HSC
N/A
Rank- 9X
Teachers- some teachers are amazing, some are crap, some are nice, some are strict (same as all schools)
Resources- They're actually really good
Performance- Average, but overall a really good school
Your Cohort- I don't really know, we're all competitive but I guess that's good. Apparently we're the 'dumb' cohort... hope not D:

Overall 8/10 Besides the academic sides of things, I love everything else about it

FOREVERLOVE

HSC
Name: -
Teachers: okay. Just like any other school, there are some that can't teach and are just plain lazy. They tell us to do textbook work all lesson.
Resources: it's alright.
Performance: mmmhm ..highest last year was about 95. Only a few people managed to crack the 90s.
Your Cohort: Majority are not bothered for school.

Overall: Really good facilities but education here is ehh.

HSC
Teachers: Some are really good, a couple are strict but are good in their own way
Resources: Science labs are spectacular, food tech rooms are the best, Library is great :D
Performance: Average but is a great school with a good principal
Your Cohort: About 20 odd smart ones, The rest are in the high averages besides a group of 10 who decided to stay until yr 12 and they are lets just say.....

Good school, Great teachers, Great resources.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
My own personal opinions on what I think about my school:

Teachers: All the ones I have had admittedly, have been extremely good to me. They get straight to my point in answering my questions and for maths especially, my teacher always takes his time to teach me after class at lunch occasionally.
Resources: Most of the resources are adequate and useful, with a lot of it extending beyond the syllabus work.
Performance: Above average and consistently doing decent.
Your Cohort: Our tutors have been telling us we're one of those average cohorts at the school, although they're already mentioning brilliant performers in our school for HSC in 2014 (mainly our scholars).

Overall: A 9.5/10 without a doubt. To be honest, there isn't any other place I'd rather be.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Name:-
Teachers: The set I have for my subjects are overall awesome, and on the whole the school's fairly good
Resources: Hmm there are resources that are good but others could be improved-but they are are good enough for success
Performance: Given cohort size, location and type of school, I think it has great academic performance but amazing extra curricular success
Your Cohort: Relatively competitive to some others, good top end, a bit of a tail, but my year group is full of good people :)

Overall, I've gotten amazing opportunity out of my school and it's everything it's needed to be really, so for the experience I've gotten I'd give it a 9/10.

king chopper

HSC
Name
Rank - top 10
Teachers - good and bad but mostly good
Resources - excellent
Performance - last year smashed it
Your Cohort - alright

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)