How do you study maths? (1 Viewer)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I think we should do parts of past papers: the theory that we have learnt from now... because if we wait until you cover all the theory for the HSC, we won't have enough time to practice many past papers to get a perfect examination technique..
But he never implied that you must learn ALL the theory before practising questions.

You can learn all the theory for a topic thoroughly, then try questions, then learn more theory, try more questions etc.

lilly luta

HSC
But he never implied that you must learn ALL the theory before practising questions.

You can learn all the theory for a topic thoroughly, then try questions, then learn more theory, try more questions etc.
:)

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I disagree with all the previous posts. They are missing one crucial step.

1. You must understand the theory completely before touching past papers.

2. You must fill every gap in your knowledge. Asking yourself "why" some thing happens is a great way to make sure you are not rote learning.

3. You must cross reference any material that you have learnt.

4. Then you may go nuts with past papers and perfect your examination technique.
Sound advice.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Cross referencing I mean viewing other sources other than just your teacher and textbook. Not all teachers are correct at times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)