How Do You Think You'll Get Married? (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
This thread can really easily turn to shit, but it was such a good conversation topic with my friends not long ago, so I thought I'd share it with you.

Those who actually know me here know that I'm the last person to hope for a marriage anytime soon, so don't think I've changed!

One friend said that she'd want them to ask her dad first. Not that she's traditional, but she'd really like the idea of "getting permission" and needing to impress those around her first before she has any idea.

There were others who said they just want the "getting down on one knee" thing, others said they wouldn't mind proposing themselves.

A guy who was there said he'd take her skydiving and somehow do it there. Needs a very specific girl to marry then :p

I probably won't ever ask someone to marry me but I would love it if whoever proposes... to first serenade me. Like have a lame band and play some sappy (but fun) love song. Something stupid like backstreet boys. Better yet, John Mayer. I know it's a lot to ask for, and that it'd probably never happen, but it would so get to me. You know, with how... I revolve around music in the first place and all :)

It would be good to hear what guys have to say about this, but if the thread turns to shit, well, you know, screw yourselves, it was just all in good fun.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
This thread can really easily turn to shit..
like your face, hahahaha

OT: If I get married I don't want it or the proposal to be such a big deal. I mean, nothing should change just because she has a new piece of jewellery, we had a big party, then went on a holiday.

When I propose, I will want to set a date thats within the next six months. People who get engaged then either don't set a date or set it for like 3 years later are all wankers.

Foxodi

HSC
long-term relationship b4 hand, so yea, like jumb it shouldnt be a massive thing, merely a reassurance that you guys are together for like everz!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I get uncomfortable when people are even mildly serious about their feelings when it involves me. Especially in a romantic sense (read: committment-phobe). So I'm not sure how I'd want to propose/be proposed to. Preferably in the least awkward/sappily romantic way possible, lol.

"Hey, wanna get married?"
"Ok."

You get the idea.

Then again I have never experienced being in a relationship serious enough for marriage to even be a blip on the radar. Perhaps when I do meet the right someone, that'll change and I'll be frothing over candles and roses and knee-bending and so on, but I doubt it.

HSC
one day someone will get pregnant and not want an abortion. I'll feel guilty and file for a marriage at the court house however as a marriage not based on true love, despite my desire to stay together for the kid, we will find it too hard and go our separate ways - Leaving my child in a broken home and my life set back by years of child support.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i want to get married in the rose gardens at balmain in my favourite cream lace minidress from paris with flowers all in my hair.

i just want our families to be there with a couple of close friends, and i want to go on a cruise around the harbour for the reception afterwards before leaving on the trip to rio i've always wanted.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
What's with girls who wouldn't propose? If you want to marry someone you should just go for it, it's 2008.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I don't particularly want a relationship, much less get married.

And Gh3y, I actually know someone who needs Australian citizenship so she can keep coming to university. It's a damn shame she's too good for you.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I'd also ask the Dad first.

"I will give you eight cows for her"

Evilo

HSC
(after a fair amount of dating and convincing myself this is the girl)

Me: So, would you like to marry me?
Her: yes
*kisses*

*dusts hands*

ffs keep it simple. People who get planes and shit to skywrite it, or propose it in the middle of a football field have too much money and need a real life.

Jess007

HSC
i also reckon that the whole football field and skywriting is so cliche guys should come up with something that is special to the couple. like their first date place, or where they first met.

picnic and stuff

i hope to get married outside. looking out over the ocean with family and friends around... hopefully a while away now though

Evilo said:
(after a fair amount of dating and convincing myself this is the girl)

Me: So, would you like to marry me?
Her: yes
*kisses*

*dusts hands*

ffs keep it simple. People who get planes and shit to skywrite it, or propose it in the middle of a football field have too much money and need a real life.

bassistx

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
In the registry office, wearing a singlet (unwashed), pair of stubbies and sandles.

I don't really know. I mean, I'm 19. It's not really that close for me yet, and I figure that it isn't about what an individual wants, but more what the couple wants. **shrug**

Marriage is so far away.
:O An honest reply! *round of applause*

stazi said:
I'd also ask the Dad first.

"I will give you eight cows for her"
:rofl:

I can't remember if I read it in a book or saw it on a movie. I think it was a movie.
But it was really cute. Christmas lights on the trees on the sidewalk, music in the background and making a fool of himself trying to sing haha.
Anything that's embarrassing, clumpsy, or just plain stupid.
I think the question the OP was asking is about proposals, not marriages.

Personal: Communist/Stubborn/Love beach/PM me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)