how does aligning work with modern?? (1 Viewer)

spaks1995

HSC
Say you got 75 raw mark overall
would it actually go up to 80 in HSC mark?
or actually go down? of about 70 HSC mark
or would it stay the same?]
Theres not much low ranged raw mark data base for m.history..

i have this feeling that im gonna be getting 65~75 raw mark for modern.... T.T

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It has been my experience, as a member of the aligning committee a couple of times, that Modern marks go up. A 75 raw would probably get into a Band 5 range. In the years that I was on the committee that was the case but...I can't say definitely that it the case every year as the aligning is done again every year.

spaks1995

HSC
It has been my experience, as a member of the aligning committee a couple of times, that Modern marks go up. A 75 raw would probably get into a Band 5 range. In the years that I was on the committee that was the case but...I can't say definitely that it the case every year as the aligning is done again every year.
would it be safe band five? wat would be the rough aligned mark?? if you get lower than that, would alinging actually go down or stay the same??

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
My experience has been that Modern has always aligned up.

The cut-offs in the years that I did it would put you into a safe Band 5.

I must stress here that the aligning is done new each year and I can only speak for the years that I did it and not for the upcoming year.

Theoretically it could be possible for the team to align marks down - if they believed that was the right thing to do to keep the standards the same from year to year - but that has never been my experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)