How fast do you write? (1 Viewer)

Elephants

Banned
HSC
haaychlovesdan said:
im a pathetic writer.
I have broken my right wrist twice and i have RSI progressivly getting worse in my wrist. I wear a wrist support in the exams which takes some of the strain off.
The only reason i do well is because i get to the point straight away in essays and i choose three or 4 points crucial quotes and explain them in great detail.
Wouldn't you be eligible for special provisions?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
sonyaleeisapixi said:
We're used to writing on that thin thin thin tear off note pad a4 paper
so this was heaps thick in comparison
Agreed. Usually you can just write fast against the table with a sheet of A4 paper, but with the Booklets, meant that I wrote a little slower.

heybashme

HSC
Can't you just take one page at a time, like place a single page on the table.....thats wat i did

Kujah

HSC
N/A
heybashme said:
Can't you just take one page at a time, like place a single page on the table.....thats wat i did
Point taken. Only realised that :eek:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
heybashme said:
lol, that does make sense. Did it make it easier? if so ill probly do that on monday :p

shakky15

HSC
-may-cat- said:
lol, that does make sense. Did it make it easier? if so ill probly do that on monday :p
i acually think its better if the papers thicker... that way your pen had better traction and the writing doesnt turn out all scribbly and messy..

hence i can write faster without sacrificing legibility

thats what i think anyway

heybashme

HSC
lol sorry didnt express it well... u know how u got a booklet take any page place it on the table seperating it from the othas in the booklet, i dont mean tearing it out though... as you can see im not that good at expressing things but yeh it did help alot coz im used to writing on one piece of paper flat on my desk.... try it

but yeh we all got our preffered way of writing

morgoe

HSC
Jeez some of you write fast. I can do about 1100 words, maybe 1200 in 40 mins and thats alright for me, but I was slower on Friday I guess because of the exam booklets.

The length of your words makes a lot of difference as well. My creative was 1000 words but because I had lots of "I" and lots of shorter words compared to my essay, it only took 30 mins to write out, and my essay which was ~1300 took 45-50 mins.

I'm amazed at people who can write 1500, but a 1000 word response can get a band 6 so me writing 1100 words in 40 mins is decent. Its unfortunate the english exam is like this. It'd be much better off, imo, giving you like 4 hours (leave early if you want) and write a response 1000 words or less. Much more balanced all around, markers have an easier time reading and people aren't just gonna spew out everything they think of onto the paper, but spend time choosing whats most important.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
shakky15 said:
i acually think its better if the papers thicker... that way your pen had better traction and the writing doesnt turn out all scribbly and messy..

hence i can write faster without sacrificing legibility

thats what i think anyway
Dosnt work for me, it makes me really agitated for some reason, cuz im writing really slow even though im trying to write quite fast.

B

bekmay

Pwnage101 said:
use gel ink pens, they write fast, stand out, and work well on HSC paper
i want to use them but i can't because i hold my pen wierd and my hand smudges everything i wrote above the line i'm on... its weird but i always come out with a massive black dot on my pinky and one of my nails gets pen all over it HAHA

knots&crosses

HSC
HINT: to write faster and legibly, tilt the tip of your pen right of the paper, try it, it works heaps better than writing with the pen up straight!!!! [/U]

edit: I bought a whole set of atlantis pens for my trials and hsc. they were beautiful on normal writing booklets but there is something seriously wrong with hsc writing booklets!!! Oh and i guess i can write about 1500 words, considering thats how long my journeys essay is...

Last edited:

SH33P

k lol...
HSC
9-10 words per line (30 lines on a booklet page)
i wrote 13.5 pages in total in 2 hrs (eng exam)

3400 something words by the time u take out missed lines in 2 hrs

Lebstr

HSC
i dnt no how much, but i use those 4 colour pen. suks

wendus

krawr.
HSC
about 1040 in 40 minutes if i write non stop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)