How fast do you write? (1 Viewer)

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
i can write insanely fast, i have very strong hands ;)

Kalashnikov47

HSC
I heard ppl say if i dont write 1000 words i cant get even band 5 for adv eng~~~

I mean, I've got lots of good content to put down in my essay, i just cant put them down~~~that is pretty sad

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
i think i can write 1100-1300 words in 40 minutes.

Kujah said:
Agreed. Usually you can just write fast against the table with a sheet of A4 paper, but with the Booklets, meant that I wrote a little slower.
ugh i hate writing on just a single sheet against a table. i always need padding. i quite liked the hsc books for that reason, although i did vaguely notice they were thicker than my trial booklets. i like that they are 8 pages though.

knots&crosses said:
HINT: to write faster and legibly, tilt the tip of your pen right of the paper, try it, it works heaps better than writing with the pen up straight!!!!
haha i think i tilt to the right anyway? im curious now... yup i do haha.

tahlsy31191

HSC
I wrote 12 pages in 40 minutes with writing that my teachers referred to as "cranky old man handwriting" so it is small.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
knots&crosses said:
HINT: to write faster and legibly, tilt the tip of your pen right of the paper, try it, it works heaps better than writing with the pen up straight!!!! [/u]
What if you are left handed, tilting the pen to the right will do a load of good.....not

spiii

HSC
well i dont know how your supposed to measure how fast u write lol..
but i wrote bout 24 pages for paper 1 lmaOo..
is dat alot?!..how many did u guys write?

Eclipse008

HSC
N/A
Kalashnikov47 said:
I heard ppl say if i dont write 1000 words i cant get even band 5 for adv eng~~~

I mean, I've got lots of good content to put down in my essay, i just cant put them down~~~that is pretty sad
pffff as if.

I probably wrote about 800-900 words for one of my trial essays because I ran out of time. I got 19/20 for it. My teacher does mark fairly harshly as well - most people failed our trials.

shakky15

HSC
spiii said:
well i dont know how your supposed to measure how fast u write lol..
but i wrote bout 24 pages for paper 1 lmaOo..
is dat alot?!..how many did u guys write?
24 pages is good...

i think got between 24-26 pages and i was happy

with the tiliting the pen to the right.. that happens to me instinctively when i step it up a gear lol. my writing altogether starts to slope to the right too - but it gets messier and a bit bigger.. its funny when u compare my short answer responses (not rushed) to my section 3 response (going for it). Short answer writing in vertical, smaller and a bit neater... opposite for section three.

and if u rote <1000 words of quality you can in fact get a band 6. But keep it over 750 words. even if all 750 words are quality, i reckon it might not be detailed enough... its pretty psychological - the marker is only human and if they just read a response of 1500 words and urs is half that u might still get a good mark (12-14, or 16-18) but yer its probably harder to get full marks.

G.e.M.z

HSC
I write between 800-1000 words in 40 minutes and in trials I got marks around the 18-19/20 range

I would love to be able to write more but I just can't! Especially when we are writing for two hours straight

I usually have three paragraphs for each essay
What about you guys?
(I only managed to write 2 paragraphs in trials for last essay and still got 18/20 - which was great and made me really think that it is quality over quantity)

Garygaz

HSC
Guys, if any of you are getting intimidated, I've read exemplar responses (top 20/20 responses) that have been 1100 words. So, don't let people who are writing ridiculous amounts of pages quarrel you :p

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Kalashnikov47 said:

Sadly that's (almost always) true.

bao28

HSC
yes, for me it seriously is impossible to write happy in 1.6 seconds despite "scripting" all my writing, lol

and if i tilted my hand to a 90* angle to write, my writing would look like the chinese proverb "ghost write emblem/symbol/anti-ghost thing", meaning scribbles or illegible

so id b confident to say 1000 words in 40 minutes

they have pens, after i figured those shitty kilometrico pens are shit for writing a bulk of writing i went officeworks to buy pens

a good tip: buy papermate profile 1.4B they EVEN HAVE IT WRITTEN ON THE PACKAGE "World's Smoothest Pen"

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
bao28 said:
yes, for me it seriously is impossible to write happy in 1.6 seconds despite "scripting" all my writing, lol

and if i tilted my hand to a 90* angle to write, my writing would look like the chinese proverb "ghost write emblem/symbol/anti-ghost thing", meaning scribbles or illegible

they have pens, after i figured those shitty kilometrico pens are shit for writing a bulk of writing i went officeworks to buy pens

a good tip: buy papermate profile 1.4B they EVEN HAVE IT WRITTEN ON THE PACKAGE "World's Smoothest Pen"
I love my kilometricos.
theyre so loyal and comfy.

bao28

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
I love my kilometricos.
theyre so loyal and comfy.
:S i have to press down like a hammer just so the writing is visible without the marker straining their eyes

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
really? i find them super smooth to write with. cant use gell or felt because my hands at an angle that smudges

shakky15

HSC
bao28 said:

BIC Ultra Round Stic Grip

Featuring 'Easy Glide' feel the smoothness. Easy glide system. BICs exclusive technology, for smoother writing and a more vivid line. Feel the smoothness!

lol thats what the packaging says

good pen, IMO. Staedtler Stick sucks the balls. i bought a packet and 2/5 didnt work at all. and they hurt.

bic classic fine has a lovely dark colour. and it works to the last drop. just not as smooth as ultra round stic so i had to ditch it unfortunately despite its wonderful performance during the trials.. i need speed not colour.

bao28

HSC
other than the fact that my pockets indulge with blue ink, there is nothing wrong with kilometrico pens, i tend to put them in my pocket cuz im lazy to take my pencil case back out after i put it back in, lol

but those Profile Pens, they are "THE WORLD'S SMOOTHEST PEN" and it doesnt smudge cuz its not gel, its smoother then gel yet doesnt smudge, 10 dough-la very chip! for 4 that is

Last edited:

bao28

HSC
shakky15 said:
BIC Ultra Round Stic Grip

Featuring 'Easy Glide' feel the smoothness. Easy glide system. BICs exclusive technology, for smoother writing and a more vivid line. Feel the smoothness!

lol thats what the packaging says

good pen, IMO. Staedtler Stick sucks the balls. i bought a packet and 2/5 didnt work at all. and they hurt.

bic classic fine has a lovely dark colour. and it works to the last drop. just not as smooth as ultra round stic so i had to ditch it unfortunately despite its wonderful performance during the trials.. i need speed not colour.
LOL, anyways i got my package aswell,

Extra bold writing - fixes my problem of pressing UBER hard for my writing to be visible without pressing too hard
Soft Comfort Grip - i just noticed it had one (maybe thats how comfortable it is HAHA)
1.4mm extra smooth writing system - <-- wtf? go advertise computers dickhead

and on the top of the package

World's Smoothest Pen, yes smoothest was in red

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)