How Fit Are You? - (The how to get fit thread) (1 Viewer)

BlackDragon

HSC
So, really, how fit is everyone here? 1 - 10? One being unable to do barely any physical activity, ten being professional athlete type fitness.

How active are you?
What do you do/How often do you do it to get fit?
Aerobic fitness? Anaerobic? Strength? Stamina?

P.S. Can a mod add a poll to this? Simple, 1 - 10 type thing?

Last edited:

^___^
HSC
um..theres different types of fitness..do you mean like stamina fitness, or strength? or agility wise?

i go to the gym like 3-4 times a wk to do weights, and play social netball/tennis once a wk to keep my stamina/agility up.

HSC
N/A
Honestly? Maybe 6 or 7. I spend a lot of time exercising (looking to dance about 18 hours a week this year) but most of it is low or moderate intensity. It's enough to keep me from gaining weight, but not really enough to test or maintain the stamina I once had.

EDIT: On the bright side I still do have pretty strong abs and leg muscles...even the muscles in my feet are visible when tensed lol.

Last edited:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
prob 7-8, can walk incredible amounts without getting tired, play some intense basketball once a week, and whenever possible play a few hours of tennis

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
I am probably more fit and strong than I appear. I don't go to the gym anymore, but because I don't drive I walk A LOT and I often go on long walks in my neighbourhood. This keeps me relatively healthy and slim.

I am very small, but I am actually rather strong as a result of all the dancing I used to do. I have rock hard abs and fairly good muscles in my legs, which is cool.

Stamina is probably my weakest area, because I get tired easily due to health issues, and I also run out of breath because of my smoking habit. :(

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
It's enough to keep me from gaining weight, but not really enough to test or maintain the stamina I once had.
That's exactly my situation too.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
i would say i am maybe an 8 or even a 9?
i gym it for at least an hour each day bar sundays
this includes 2/3 cardio (running, cycling, the crazy epilepticalwhatchamacallit) and 1/3 weight training, abs and pushups
i want to improve my stamina even more, but i'm pretty strong

would love to get back into hockey. requires both strength and agility/stamina

BlackDragon

HSC
9? That's like, extremely and utterly fit - Could compete with fully pumped athletes in terms of fitness? Have you ever timed yourself at the 400 or even 1500? Both are pretty strong indicators of fitness.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
If I had to put a number on it I'd say I'm probably at least a 7 maybe 8.

I don't do any sort of exercise at all. I have a physical job but that's it. I used to be a competitive swimmer and a decent cross country runner but I haven't done anything like that in years.

I think it's mainly natural ability.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Hard to say- about a 7-

i lift weights 3 times a wk (mon/wed/fri)

I generally surf everyday and we often walk long distances to the surf

i can run for a while and not get tired

i play tennis

but i drive way too much- ever since bastard knicked my pushie

Skeeta

HSC
Probably like a 3 or 4. I dont know, i swim about 500m whenever i get the chance, generally once or twice a week. In holidays more often.

I jump around alot :confused:
Um, yeah i HATE running, i used to use the treadmill at home but i get too bored. Used to do about 20 mins at medium intensity. OH and sometimes I take my b/fs dog for a walk

Yeah i'm not very fit. I feel even less fit, because my boyfriend is probably a 9 or 10 on your scale. And makes me feel GUILLLLLTY

Big fatty boombalada

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
about 3 or 4 :eek: it's a bit shameful. I'm quite flexible and i can run pretty fast (although i loathe doing it argh and i can't run over long distances) and that's about it. My exercise regime consists mostly of a lot of walking and sometimes i do aerobic/cardio stuff like just at home, put on music and get moving...it's fun so i do it more often these days.

i used to be quite fit though. and now running around my block a couple of times makes me puffed out (granted there's quite an uphill stretch for the first bit, but still :eek: )

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
If I had to put a number on it I'd say I'm probably at least a 7 maybe 8.

I don't do any sort of exercise at all. I have a physical job but that's it. I used to be a competitive swimmer and a decent cross country runner but I haven't done anything like that in years.

I think it's mainly natural ability.
Since when is fitness natural ability? If you don't exercise, you're not all that fit, it doesn't matter that you're a good athlete when you do exercise. How physical could your job be to make you almost at a professional level of fitness?

lengy

HSC
I dunno, I'm a lazy bastard, yet I can walk heaps when I need to, and when I went clubbing after not doing anything except laze about all holidays I managed to have enough stamina to keep dancing non-stop for 5 hours straight AND I have a shit dietary intake as well. I'd say 3 on fitness scale though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)