How Fit Are You? - (The how to get fit thread) (1 Viewer)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
fnkychk said:
Since when is fitness natural ability? If you don't exercise, you're not all that fit, it doesn't matter that you're a good athlete when you do exercise. How physical could your job be to make you almost at a professional level of fitness?
I don't really exercise and I am still fit. If its not effort and not natural ability what is it?

I don't really exercise anymore but I used to do heaps so maybe I have just maintained a lot of my fitness from then.

I said the only real exercise I do is my job... not that it was the reason for my fitness.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
I'd say 5.

I used to be super fit when I was a dancer, but since I stopped doing that I haven't really found a replacement exercise regime.

i go jogging for about half an hour every day (used to be longer but I got faster, and I only do 1 lap of the botanical gardens), I do a high intensity tap class each week and play a netball and a hockey game per week.

When uni starts I'm going to get a gym membership so I can get a locker and use the gym.

NinjaSauce

HSC
I love some of the responses to this thread.

Your missing a fundamental flaw in the whole question: Fit for WHAT?

World Class 60kg Marathon-Runner would smoke a 130kg Powerlifter in a race over moderate to long distance [powerlifter could/might win short], but i doubt he could even pick up the warm up weights he uses.

Or easier to understand; Dave Beckam is at the top of the game in soccer, but his tiny build would get ripped apart in a rugby game; even a social Sunday local under16s.

I suppose its also worth noting that all sports are significantly Skill based.

All [minor generalisation] top athletes are specific. You'd have to pick a sport first, THEN rate yourself within that sport.

Originally Posted by fnkychk
Since when is fitness natural ability?

Natural Ability won't win medals, but it DOES help. SIGNIFICANTLY. You can be 'built for a sport', and Picking good parents:rofl: can make or break athletes.

The 4 major factors that create an Elite athlete are:
- Genetics: You have natural-built-in advantages/leverage/etc.
- Work ethic: Motivation, and diligence to training.
- A good program/coach: No exercise is a waste, but there is 'better'.
- Pharmacutical Assistance: If equal Athletes of the above, better drugs will help you.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
2-3 lol, gone are the days when i used to do sport - soccer, tennis n other stuff. all i do these days is walk to uni from the station haha. i have a small build and appear to be in good shape, but when it comes to strength/muscle i got nothin.

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
I would say I'm a 9. My resting HR is 45 and I have a maximal oxygen uptake of 50.9mL. When we were charting my CV fitness, it actually didn't fit on the chart, and I'm in the top 93% at my gym, and this is where all the sports teams train.

I go to the gym 6 times a week, 7 if I'm super paranoid. And work requires a lot of physical activity as well, usually around 3-4 hours of it a night, and sometimes I've been known to work 6 nights a week. On top of this I have my acrobatic work - it's amazing how much hanging upside down and swinging by an arm can increase your HR.

I could be a 10 if I stopped drinking...but I blame work for that.
And I'd probably say 10 if I was still running 10km everyday, but I only do that 3 times a week now, if I'm lucky.

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
Sydney Kings, Sydney Flames, the football team, etc.

There was some football team there the other day being followed around by a news crew but I dunno which.

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
im pretty unfit... anyone remember the beep test? i always did badly in that
im not quite so pitiful with anarobic stuff though

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
most of my exercise stopped when i got my Ps cos I could just drive everywhere.....

unfortunately I'll be walking for at least half an hour a day through the valleys and clifftops of the blue mountains (well, slight exaggeration :)) to and from the train station when uni starts

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
Exphate said:
Didnt realise there were 3 sports teams in Aus. Man I must be doped up on something.
Shut up you sarcastic fuck. There are more sports teams that go there, but do I really need to name every sports team that trains at USyd that goes there? No. Because everyone who is someone knows I go to USyd and everyone who knows USyd knows which gym I'm talking about when I said it's the one the sports teams train at otherwise they obviously have no idea what goes on in the USyd sporting world.

No shit wait, maybe I was talking about Cumbo gym! Because all the sports teams travel out there to train. Or maybe HKward! Because it's really easy to train in that gym considering all the equipment there is in there!! You're just jealous because you're not as fit as me. Sorry about that, fatty.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
id say 3-5

i remember being relatively athletic when i was younger, but after the last few years i would no longer consider myself a very sporty person.

i spent a fair bit of last summer holidays trying to improve my flexibility and could almost get into the front splits when warmed up (i was so freaking close, like 170 degrees with my legs straight and knees aligned), but i havent been too active in the last year and can probably barely touch my toes now.
hmm...just tried then. i can still touch the ground with my palms while my legs are straight which is quite a surprise.

used to be in swim squad but i dropped out of that as being a casual swimmer who was constantly being sent out to represent the school against guys who have been training everyday since they were 5 years old was really bad for my self confidence D:

i find im normally at the end of the crowd in the schools cross country events. all it takes is 2-3 minutes of moderate jogging speed for me to go from being pumped to exhausted. my stamina was never too great, i think i have to work on that.

i apparently looked quite toned according to my friends at one swimming carnival. though i do have alot of fat / skinny-asian friends so im not too sure if that counts.

yeah, 3-5 sounds about right.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I go to the gym 5-6 days a week for about an hour and a half and i think im about 6-7 when it coems to running. however i used to swim squad 5 mornigns a week, and i recently went to swim laps and my swimming is shot to shit, i swam what used to be my warm up and i was already buggered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)