How hard is it to attain a HSC mark of 97+ in Ancient History? (1 Viewer)

SanjoyM

HSC
Hey Guys,
I'm just curious as to how arduous it is to attain a HSC mark of 97-98 for HSC Ancient History:)
+ What steps should I be following to ensure optimal performance and success for Ancient History in examinations, assessments tasks etc..
My Ranking for Ancient History

First Assessment Task - 18/20 (3rd)
Second Assessment Task : - 27/30 (was quite hard) - (2nd)
Overall ranking: =1/65

Thank you
Any valuable tips or inputs would be greatly appreciated:)
Sanjoy!

Examine

same
HSC
Well probably the most obvious start is to come first unequally.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes. The girl who came 1st at my school in Ancient got 97 or 98 as a HSC mark. So you should come unequally first if possible and then the sky is the limit for your HSC external. Has your school got strong previous results? My school isn't super stellar in the general ranks but most of our band 6s actually come from the histories/humanities.

SanjoyM

HSC
Umm.. for Ancient History most of our previous year students have attained a mark in the low-high 90's - highest was 96-97 (I think)
+ What happens if I come equally first? How are both our HSC marks determined? Does it then depend on who scores the highest externally?
Guess, I have to come first in the upcoming half-yearlies for Ancient then:)

Cl324

HSC
N/A
Umm.. for Ancient History most of our previous year students have attained a mark in the low-high 90's - highest was 96-97 (I think)
Do you know this for sure or did your principal tell you?

Last edited:

theind1996

HSC
N/A
+ What happens if I come equally first? How are both our HSC marks determined? Does it then depend on who scores the highest externally?
Guess, I have to come first in the upcoming half-yearlies for Ancient then:)
Your school had 1 band 6 in Ancient History in 2011 and NO BAND 6's in Ancient History in 2010. I don't know who's telling you that most students got low-high 90's, but they're obviously misguiding you..

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Your school had 1 band 6 in Ancient History in 2011 and NO BAND 6's in Ancient History in 2010. I don't know who's telling you that most students got low-high 90's, but they're obviously misguiding you..
Probably that principal again lmao, this principal is funny. From what I can recall, apparantly she made some high rank for the school. Sanjoy just try your best man.

Examine

same
HSC
Probably exaggerated to get more selectives in, even though the cut off is about 180. In theory the school will keep to that rank until the selectives kick in. (Not the classes they made, though ones who actually went in through the selective tests).

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Probably exaggerated to get more selectives in, even though the cut off is about 180. In theory the school will keep to that rank until the selectives kick in. (Not the classes they made, though ones who actually went in through the selective tests).
Examine, do you go selective?

delian

HSC
N/A
Aim for internal rank of 1. Then ace externals.

Good luck

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Penrith is good.
Can't say so about the science department. Moodle Half-Yearlies for Prelim Phys, Chem and Bio. 2 band 6's in chemistry, 4 band 6's in physics and a pedophile teacher. Students getting marked down in biology in ONLINE ASSESSMENTS for writing "safety goggles" instead of "goggles" - that's some screwed up shit.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
It's just the general inconvenience of traveling every day for quite a long time when there is another school which I live 30 seconds near.
Long-travel sometimes helps me focus on work more since I always either watch pre-loaded anime on my laptop or do work on the bus to school and from school.
Might as well make use of the time!

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Can't say so about the science department. Moodle Half-Yearlies for Prelim Phys, Chem and Bio. 2 band 6's in chemistry, 4 band 6's in physics and a pedophile teacher. Students getting marked down in biology in ONLINE ASSESSMENTS for writing "safety goggles" instead of "goggles" - that's some screwed up shit.
The school in general is good, it's only the Science department that is full of shit and they usually get 5 Band 6s for both Chemistry and Physics. Mathematics get about 35% and English gets about 25%. The humanities is where the most Band 6s are with probably around 50%.

Pedophile teacher?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)