How hard is it to attain a HSC mark of 97+ in Ancient History? (1 Viewer)

theind1996

HSC
N/A
The school in general is good, it's only the Science department that is full of shit and they usually get 5 Band 6s for both Chemistry and Physics. Mathematics get about 35% and English gets about 25%. The humanities is where the most Band 6s are with probably around 50%.

Pedophile teacher?

You know who I'm talking about, the one who apparently sits with year 7's at lunchtime and has a whole lot of 18+ material on his laptop and asks students for their addresses.

Sidekickk

HSC
[/B]

You know who I'm talking about, the one who apparently sits with year 7's at lunchtime and has a whole lot of 18+ material on his laptop and asks students for their addresses.
That is some creepy shit. why doesnt anyone just report him

D94

HSC
N/A
Can't say so about the science department. Moodle Half-Yearlies for Prelim Phys, Chem and Bio. 2 band 6's in chemistry, 4 band 6's in physics and a pedophile teacher. Students getting marked down in biology in ONLINE ASSESSMENTS for writing "safety goggles" instead of "goggles" - that's some screwed up shit.
Are you seriously defining a school based on one department? (note that your statistics are incorrect) Sure it "might" have gotten worse in recent years, but that's a point of perception, but if you didn't go there, you can't seriously say how good or bad a school is. And your point about "online assessments" is trivial. At UNSW, for an online Physics quiz, which does go towards our final marks, getting one value wrong at the top, means you get everything else below that wrong, because you've used that incorrect value to calculate another. It's just something you deal with, but not something you define a school by. Same as the "pedophile teacher" point. If you're worried about one screwed up person (but not confirming if pedo or not), then you haven't seen the world yet, or even Sydney yet, or probably your own suburb, and even your own street.

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Probably should have some warning against libel in relation to professional reputation here, if you're going to accuse a teacher at a particular school of being a pedophile.

acemusic415

HSC
It's pretty strenuous work. Like any subject, consistent study of content is needed. I didn't come first internally (I came second) and I received 96 as a final mark. That was the highest overall mark in my school (that was ranked 499). I think that's a pretty good feat for a weak school. But the person who did come first, I believe received 93-95. Somewhere around there. In recognising that, I don't think YOU must come first internally to get such a mark (I didn't and came close to 97), however it would be much better and convenient if you did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)