How hard is it to get a Band 6 in Legal Studies? (1 Viewer)

ital101

HSC
It's easy. Legal Studies is easy. Trust me. Band 6's all round for the Legal class at my school...well 15/18=Band 6, 2/18=Band 5, 1/18=Band 1

kyiasha

HSC
N/A
Hey you seem to know about legal studies, ummmm would any of these friends that you were talking about have study notes for it?

ce-silly

HSC
N/A
From experience I'd give it a 7.
Keep churning out those essays and you'll be fine

meggo-meggo

HSC
My teacher said if my results continue (~90%), I'm Band 6 material.

Just regurgitate the information you're given, AND REMEMBER TO RELATE IT TO THE CURRENT CLIMATE.

So read up on your news, legislation and the like.
totally.

pretty much its just regurgitation (even the teachers say so). The key to getting a band 6 is the use of examples, examples, examples. so yes, keep up to date on news, legislation and CASES. I'm just trying to memorise some now for the half-yearlies... or I could just make them up like I've always done ;)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm a very lazy legal student.. in class, i have no idea what's going on. My teacher expects me to get a band 6 and top the cohort though... that, i'll try to do with a few days study at most.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
I recon Legal Studies is the most interesting subject i've chosen. Maybe that's because i want to be a barrister some day :)

Last year at my school, NO ONE got a band 6 in Legal Studies, so yeah that is a bit worrying!, but the year before that 7 people got band 6's in Legal and one friend I know was one mark off!

I'm gonna study my heart out to get a band 6 in this subject, it's probably my favourite subject anyways :p

I have a separate work book and and separate book for revision for legal studies, like the work we do in class I keep in the workbook, and my revision book just has my notes that i've summarised from the textbook, syllabus dot point notes and definitions as well as some case study examples etc.

JunKim

HSC
id say. legal studies scales poorly... =( but i guess depends on how good you are at studying lol. DOes anyone actually know how scaling works? Why does such a hard subject on university level get scaled soo badly in highschool level? hello mr rudd? what is this?

caley

HSC
Okay i really like LEgal studies, but where on earth can i get a better teacher? lol

Anyone have good resources for me to input knowledge into my head easier?
=P

jonnycct

HSC
N/A
:read:IS it me or does everyone's teacher seem incapable! >.> And dude what a coincidence, im also looking for quality stuff too. Books just dont work for me these days. They are so tedious and makes me wanna sleep. for both @CALEY and @KYIASHA, I was just asking some guy in economics about notes this ebay guy created and he said it was damn good. The same guy also have legal notes uploaded - any of you willing to take a hit for the team? and tell us about it?
HSC 95+ in Economics, Legal, Chemistry Notes+Essays!!!! - eBay (item 320520505530 end time Apr-30-10 07:01:19 PDT)

jonnycct

HSC
N/A
WTF, i just realised the econ guy i talked to just commented above. @JUNKIM, take a look at the link i just posted! AND with scaling - its dependent on the number of people and their caliber, taking legal. Traditionally, its just been unlucky for legal studies as lots of people like ME take it and screw it up for everyone. lol. KEv Rud has nothing to do with it. Talking about legal - what does everyone think about his new health package?

youandmexo

HSC
tbh i dont think its hard to get a band 6 in legal studies.
i got 88 in my hsc and i only wrote half of my family essay (cos i ran out of time - stupid stupid me) and badly rushed another one. i think if id have finished i would have got a band 6. and i hardly studied for legal throughout the year :) its not hard at all.

Henna_6

HSC
being someone who managed a band 6
its not to bad if you work for it--- practicing writing essays and knowing ur media reports legislation and cases is essential and the effectiveness and ineffectiveness of everything ----if its soemthing you struggle with you need to get working and ask for help ASAP with not too long till the HSC.....

if you use the right strategies and study smart---then on a scale of 1-10
its like a 4

but keeping in mind its a subject thats is a little time consuming compared to your other subjects---i did very similar ones i had chem, phys and bio, adv english and 2 unit religion

legal studies band 6 was awesome for pushing my atar up
currently studying B Pharmacy at UNE

gud luck

Justin Nicotera

HSC
N/A
To be honest, It depends on how well you pick up concepts and how well you absorb content, I virtually do no study for legal studies and sit on 90-95+, some people are more receptive that others and some students are just not cut out for legal studies, or any subject for that matter, just try hard and reach your full potential. That's my advice. :D Hope it helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)