How hard would it be to get an external mark of 93+ in physics chemistry and english? (1 Viewer)

T

trowla17

My atar estimate is pretty bad atm (96) and I really need a 93+ external mark in those subjects to bump it up to at least a 98. My current scaled mark for those subjects are 87 which is why I need a 93+. I have 6 wks till hsc. Is this realistically possible? Up till now I've been practically cramming the week before for every hsc exam so I've screwed them up. :((( I would be extremely grateful for any hints or tips. There is just so much pressure on me to do well....

Last edited by a moderator:

jackerino

HSC
Re: How hard would it be to get an external mark of 93+ in physics chemistry and engl

wat school u at m8?

jackerino

HSC
Re: How hard would it be to get an external mark of 93+ in physics chemistry and engl

anyway TIPS man, what u gotta do for phys and chem is WHAT EVERYONE SAYS!!! go through the dot points (Dont bother making ur own notes, get someone elses off BoS) and memorize them all, then rewrite them over and over. FUCK LIFE, YOUR ATAR IS AT StAKE. you need to work on all the dot points, have them fully down pat, and do lots of past papers if u can fit them in.

T

trowla17

Baulkham hills hs. I feel so screwed... thanks for tips tho.

Sindivyn

HSC

Do not ignore the skills module for sciences.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A

96 is not "pretty bad". You need to stop living in a bubble and experience the real world.

theind1996

HSC
N/A

96 is not "pretty bad". You need to stop living in a bubble and experience the real world.
It's pretty bad for Baulkham Hills HS.

Everyone has their own aims, you can't accuse them of 'living in a bubble' - they might want to enter a course which needs a very high ATAR.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A

It's pretty bad for Baulkham Hills HS.

Everyone has their own aims, you can't accuse them of 'living in a bubble' - they might want to enter a course which needs a very high ATAR.
I don't care what high school it is is, it it not "pretty bad", it is "pretty good". A high ATAR does not mean the person would make a good doctor etc (in-fact quite the opposite of that actually).

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad

I don't care what high school it is is, it it not "pretty bad", it is "pretty good". A high ATAR does not mean the person would make a good doctor etc (in-fact quite the opposite of that actually).
Not that either. ATAR just doesn't correlate to doing well in life or in your career in any way.

T

trowla17

Slightly off track...

HSC

96 isnt a bad ATAR! I'm at a 60 atm and need to get at least 83, hoping for like near 90 but it doesnt look like it! :$
Do heaps of practice papers and know your essays/notes back to front and you'll be able to pull it off! :)

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A

Your definition is that 96 is bad? Looks like you have been living in a room full of darkness, without experiencing reality.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad

Nobody cares about HSC after you're done with it...

soloooooo

HSC
N/A

Your definition is that 96 is bad? Looks like you have been living in a room full of darkness, without experiencing reality.
This.

No employer will employ you because you got a 96 (bad, in your opinion) ATAR. They would rather employ someone who got an 85 ATAR and was the captain of the cricket team and had a social life etc.

HSC

As said before, everyone has their own goals and everything is subjective. What is rubbish to one, is treasure to another. Do not judge, but instead pass advice.

Last edited by a moderator:

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad

No. But it's forum policy to stay on topic. They can judge all they want, but keep it out of the thread.
It's a discussion forum and I'm quite sure it's still discussing about OP's ATAR.

Ironically, you just went off-topic.

2xL

HSC

Why are we hating on OP's expectations? If he/she thinks personally that 96 is a bad ATAR for himself/herself than they have that right. Stop being narky. I know personally I'd be devo if i got under 98. Now back on topic, 93 external? Raw? Almost impossible. Sorry OP.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad

I don't think people are being narky, I know 96 must seem like a "bad" ATAR at Balkham because of all the 99ers, but it is a top ATAR. Some of the lower rank schools their dux could only dream of getting a 96.

Anyway, my advice to the OP is that you work hard. If you "deserve" a higher ATAR you will get it. You are in such a privileged position to go to a high ranking school where your internal mark will likely be good and you can smash externals, so it's all on you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)