How is dux of the year determined? (1 Viewer)

BoyNextDoor

HSC
I think Dux for year 12 at my school is based on who has the most 1st places in their courses and 2nd places.......

Aznmichael92

HSC
dux of yr 12 is slightly different from my school. It sort of follows the idea of the uai format. However, it does not use UAI to determine dux. OUr school instead chooses amongst students who received premiers award (90+ for at least 10 units)

from then they select each students best 10 units (english doesnt count if not in best 10 unlike the uai format) and compare who has highest aggregrate. For example last year, our 2nd place student got higher than our dux but he came first because of his excellent results in other subjects.

danz90

HSC
Zephyrio said:
We don't have a dux per se, but we pass on a $4000 UNSW scholarship to the person who tops the most units.
Our school gave that scholarship to someone who didn't top the units... to the guy who sucked up to our principal.. I should've gotten it.. since I topped the most units.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
danz90 said:
Our school gave that scholarship to someone who didn't top the units... to the guy who sucked up to our principal.. I should've gotten it.. since I topped the most units.
What a pity...

But how can they give out an award for the one who sucks up most? They must have had a some kind of reason behind it.

danz90

HSC
lyounamu said:
What a pity...

But how can they give out an award for the one who sucks up most? They must have had a some kind of reason behind it.
It's obviously not for the one who sucks up most...
Lol, but our new school principal is like that...
If we had our old principal who was the bestttttt.... it would've been fair and square.

Like, for example... on our graduation ceremony.. there were a few 'special awards' aside from the first place awards. I received the most first place awards... 6.. and the guy after me had 4.
The guy who won the Excellence in academic achievement award was someone who only got 2 1st place awards (one of em he got because he's the only person in EE1, LOL), and there are quite a few students who perform much better than him academically. But, since he is school captain and sucks up to the principal... it wasn't a surprise that he got it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)