how is your teacher/class for this sub? (1 Viewer)

chook 05

Sum Fulla
HSC
ha ha, yeahh... software....
our class is so biased, we have 1 guy that automatically gets the top mark in everything, no matter what. i was equal first with him for a while, but now idc :p
usually spend my time messing around with command prompt :D

damn teacher ><

chook 05

Sum Fulla
HSC
argh "two words diverged in yellow wood" ><
just finished my english exams ha ha, robert frost... :vcross:

Tavleen

HSC
Have you got your Major Project? If yes, what is the criteria etc? Did you get project rubric etc?

I am James

HSC
Our class has 6 people in it (though 1 guy only shows up like 10-20% of the time.)

Our teacher used to be a programmer himself, so he knows what he is talking about. If we ask him something involving our major project he will work with us to find a solution, and if all the class are having the same problem, he will show us how to do it using a projector plugged in to his computer that screens onto a wall.

The only downside is that he is also the deputy, so he is out of the class a fair bit, leaving us to tackle the text-book by ourselves. As a result none of us passed the theory-ridden prelim exam. But we were mostly to blame as well, as we often goofed off and played games or go on myspace instead of doing the work. He said at the end of prelim he apologized for how he taught us in prelimm, but also for us to focus and motivate ourselves a bit more and it seems to be doing the trick.

I like SDD because I like the fact that we can do a major project as a game and because I'm looking to go into something to do with IT, but I personally think it is too based around the designing the software etc than the actual development of software itself.

Nonetheless it is my favourite subject.

Last edited:

live.fast

HSC
N/A
Whether you like or hate the theory, it's something you're going to have to learn to do well at (especially as it is the only component examined in your HSC exams). Start learning little tricks like how to differentiate between algorithms from a quick look (i.e. key defining features), practice applying to scenarios (which is the major component of the exam, application of your keywords / terms / concepts to 'real-life' scenarios) and look to the HSC exemplars to ground yourself in the standard of response required of you for full marks. You'll soon learn that a necessary skill is stringing the key terms / concepts together coherently, relevantly and succinctly, when answering an exam question.

Practice past HSC exam papers, and if you can, get your hands on CSSA Trial papers (I find CSSA to be more 'legitimate' with their marking criteria, however independent trial papers, and others should be more than sufficient). They key idea is to practice applying your concepts, and practice those really really gay algorithms; oh and, that ONLINE multiple choice thing on the official Board of Studies website, which allows you to practice past HSC multiple choice questions, isn't a bad way to study either. You don't want to be losing marks in what are meant to be the easiest components of the exam. :)

billy1990

HSC
p4e81 said:
im kinda worried about this subject as i find it as the least productive out of all my electives ~_~

for most lessons, my teacher just give us some seems-like-useless activities with vb6 (eg. make a program that counts the number of words u put into a textbox etc) and rarely teaches us theory stuff. and when we actually start to learn something useful in the lesson, it only takes about 10 to 20 minutes till we are congratulated for our 'good work' and free time is given for the rest of the period.

many ppl say sdd is a sub where students must have the ability to learn independently but the way my teacher is "teaching" is freaking me out.

how's your sdd class like? i hope im not alone here.
lest u get activities LOL

pencilhead90

HSC
N/A
You are not alone. I do many hard subjects yet the only one I am worried about is SDD because my teacher is useless and doesnt seem to care. His solution to everything is use a tutorial because he doesnt have any idea. Schools are gay and need to be more careful about the teachers they pick. Especially for technological subjects because teachers are like milk they have a best before date and my techers best before data was 1950.

ReverseSt4r

The real Scribe.
HSC
Agreed. I don't even think my teach is a real SDD teacher. Oh well, not much time to worry now; trials are next week, and she just told us we wouldn't have time to do revision. T.T

sbhandula

HSC
LMAO...turns out my teacher has started teaching science in our school to...this is so pathetic. She fucking sucks...like she should be sacked! fired! I HATE HER..she is the most disorganised person on the face of this earth, and she doesn't even know what she is doing. half my class teaches Her! ASS BARGH im going to fail sdd..forget it..I've already failed it!

BoyNextDoor

HSC
Wow, there are actually some girls who actually do this subject! lol
I thought it was just all guys like my class and my friends' class.

mr-r34

HSC
lol sdd n sdd teacher

sdd teacher: not qualified hasnt teached us 1 thing n its not a joke :( worst teacher ever
sdd: not that hard if u put ur head to it im get round 70 per cent n i do shit all i n class except dota rofl n just studied b4 the exam lol

but still sdd is bloddy fail man if ur teacher is a sped i prefer a idiot who at least teaches us lol

miche11e

HSC
hehe i think all SDD teachers are useless because we grew up at the peak of technology and they're all too old(even if they're only 10 yrs older than us) to teach a technology based subject to our generation.

my teacher may have effectivley taught us 10% of the course at most and we taugt ourselves the rest from their text book. i think there are only 2 of us that are actually serious about SDD in our class and the restmake it hard for our eacher to even try to teach, so...

SDD would be heaps easy with a half decent teacher, but oh well lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)