How late is to late??? (1 Viewer)

nezz61

HSC
Im really stressing over my assessment marks.

For most of my subjects i have got high band 4's and 5's. However ive done really poorly in english because i got really sick in term 4 last year. I havnt caught up since.

Im aiming for a UAI of 75% or over. Do you think i will get it if i work really hard for the next terms and improve my assessment marks????

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Anything that you work hard for is possible; don't give up, there's still time to catch up in your trials and final exams. Good luck.

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
Hunnni what ever you put your mind to you ill achieve it ...... i know its weird but mind power thsi year will really effect people and show that iff ur strong headed if that somwhat makes sense ]]] you can reallly get the makrs you aim for.... im aiming for a uai of 72.00 so basically i have to have a consistency of mark bands in at least 3 band 5s and 2 band 4s... but it depends on what subs u do!!!!!!!!
but hunnni its ok remember that brilliant nike add JUST DO IT ........... oh i should be shot for daying that

Justin

HSC
nezz61 said:
Im really stressing over my assessment marks.

For most of my subjects i have got high band 4's and 5's. However ive done really poorly in english because i got really sick in term 4 last year. I havnt caught up since.

Im aiming for a UAI of 75% or over. Do you think i will get it if i work really hard for the next terms and improve my assessment marks????
1) Technically you can get band 1's all the way through the year, and still get a 99+ UAI, so long as you are ranked 1st (or close to first) in your class.

In the HSC, there are two important things: Rank, and final exam mark.

My brothers raw assessment mark of 64% didn't mean anything, because he still got a band 5. The board does this because different schools have different standards.

2) The UAI is a rank, not a percentage.

taki999

HSC
Getting all band 4 and your able to get about 75ish UAI..

vogue you wont happen to be the one that wrote just do it with a nike sign in macquaire library would you? cause one of the tables just say that :)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
The UAI is a University Admissions Index and is not a %. :)

Anything is possible with hard work, you seem to know exactly what you want to do and what you want to achieve if you stick at it and try your best in all assessments you should achieve a sound mark. Good Luck!

Bookie

Banned
HSC
vogue said:
Hunnni what ever you put your mind to you ill achieve it ...... i know its weird but mind power thsi year will really effect people and show that iff ur strong headed if that somwhat makes sense ]]] you can reallly get the makrs you aim for.... im aiming for a uai of 72.00 so basically i have to have a consistency of mark bands in at least 3 band 5s and 2 band 4s... but it depends on what subs u do!!!!!!!!
but hunnni its ok remember that brilliant nike add JUST DO IT ........... oh i should be shot for daying that
oh yes please do.

nezz61 said:
eas.

dora_18

HSC
i really hate how people ask those kinds of questions" Will i be able to do this is ive bludged my whoel way throught the year etc etc etc" and people respond with a cliche ie-"u can do anytyhing u put your mind to...just hang in there blah blah"..i mean we dont KNOW what your capable of...i guess people just want to look for positive reinforcement so that they can get off the net and go "hell i can do this now"...if this is you..then OMG OFCOURSE YOU CAN DO IT!!!

another thing...in terms of uai everything matters...not only your rank but also what subjects you do...people think that subjects dont matter and if your ranked in the top 10 u can get away with it -wrong......and i mean is only normal, getting 97in 4unit maths cant be the same as getting 97 in food tech or whatever.....it also matters how many people are in the subject..if your doing a language that has abou 30 pple in it (like some langauges) unless u come at the very top u gonna get scaled like a bitch because your rank is crap in comparison of coming at the top of the state for enlglish which everybody does....your school also matters...private schools tend to do better overall and so they should...paying 20K a yr should get u somewhere...also so do selective schools....

having said all that...the hsc is a walk in the park compared to uni..so yeh "hang in there" P

nahian

HSC
AHHAHAHAHHAHAHA
not that bright what a top comment AHHAHAHA
rippa

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Justin said:
1) Technically you can get band 1's all the way through the year, and still get a 99+ UAI, so long as you are ranked 1st (or close to first) in your class.

In the HSC, there are two important things: Rank, and final exam mark.

My brothers raw assessment mark of 64% didn't mean anything, because he still got a band 5. The board does this because different schools have different standards.

2) The UAI is a rank, not a percentage.
wrong. it's impossible if you get band 1's throughout the year to get 99+

the syllabus has changed from 2oo1 , where assessments actually count. 50% assessment, 50% hsc.

but, ace the trials and the hsc, and you'll improve your mark significantly

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
no, justin is right, it is possible.....theoretically. UAI is a rank compared to the rest of the state, so if you got band 1s and were at the top of the state then your UAI would be 99+...remember HSC marks and UAI are completely different things

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)