How long did it take you to come out of the closet? (1 Viewer)

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
Negged

Anyway, I don't think there's any gay/bi/les people on bos :/
im guessing you never came to NS when ttne was active

dem townie dreams about enoilgam :lol:

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Quite a few regular posters over the years have been gay/bi.
they probably have moved on with their lives. I am sure their are still a few on here but are uncertain to say something about it because fear of being attacked, etc

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
they probably have moved on with their lives. I am sure their are still a few on here but are uncertain to say something about it because fear of being attacked, etc
m8 its alright to come out. no one will attack you here

enoilgam

HSC
this is the internet.... LOL;

definitely would go against someone's views/beliefs and fairly certain that they would be attacked
BoS has had a large and fairly influential gay/bi population for many years and it's never been an issue (our Admin is openly gay).

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
BoS has had a large and fairly influential gay/bi population for many years and it's never been an issue (our Admin is openly gay).
well I guess since s/he is an admin; s/he could just delete hateful/negative posts? and hand down bans?

but yeah we'll see will time :D

enoilgam

HSC
well I guess since s/he is an admin; s/he could just delete hateful/negative posts? and hand down bans?
I cant think of a time when this has happened, even if it did, the BoS community of the past probably would have shot them down (and that says quite a fair bit because the old BoS crowd was vicious).

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
I cant think of a time when this has happened, even if it did, the BoS community of the past probably would have shot them down (and that says quite a fair bit because the old BoS crowd was vicious).
I would assume so and nothing less. It seems a bit stupid (IMO) to just to fight against it

inb4I'mattacked

enoilgam

HSC
As rough as the old crowd was, they were always pretty accepting and to be honest, I'd imagine that the current TNT people would be as well. If not, then I think that is a pretty big step backwards for the community.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yeah, this is correct going back as far as I can remember. Maybe way back (but I don't think so), but you'd need to speak to the few from back them for confirmation.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Well because I was mentioned.....

I don't think I can point to a specific time when i "knew" I suspected, for a long time, probably since I was 10 years old. I can pinpoint the moment I knew I wanted to come out, and that was listening to high by lighthouse family in year 9, I came out the very next day at my school walkathon. i do remember it being a very long journey to come out. I think if I was born 10 years later it would have been less of one. Something that has surprised, but delighted me, is watching acceptance of homosexuality grow since I came out. I think when I came out, same sex marriage was a pipe dream, something I didn't think I would see in my lifetime.

As for BoS it has been, and I am sure continues to be, one of the most accepting environments I have ever been in, and through my time here there have always been out and proud members and more senior members of the team. The acceptance and love I have felt from this communitymis one of the reasons I am stil around. FFS I met my current partner of 3 years here.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Well because I was mentioned.....

I don't think I can point to a specific time when i "knew" I suspected, for a long time, probably since I was 10 years old. I can pinpoint the moment I knew I wanted to come out, and that was listening to high by lighthouse family in year 9, I came out the very next day at my school walkathon. i do remember it being a very long journey to come out. I think if I was born 10 years later it would have been less of one. Something that has surprised, but delighted me, is watching acceptance of homosexuality grow since I came out. I think when I came out, same sex marriage was a pipe dream, something I didn't think I would see in my lifetime.

As for BoS it has been, and I am sure continues to be, one of the most accepting environments I have ever been in, and through my time here there have always been out and proud members and more senior members of the team. The acceptance and love I have felt from this communitymis one of the reasons I am stil around. FFS I met my current partner of 3 years here.
Nice nice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)