How long did you really work on your SGP for? (1 Viewer)

louise08

HSC
We get the assessment for months and months... but everyone in my class has barely started at its due in week 2 this term.
I've done my research, and I'm just starting my report (stage 4) today.

My quesiton is.. did you all make use of the amount of time we get for this assessment? Or did you get in all done under pressure near due date?

millsy182

HSC
i'm not sure whether the HSC version of the SGP is still called the SGP, but its due monday, its thursday now, and im starting the report tonight and doing the extended response tomorow.

henry08

HSC
N/A
Year 11 - fairly easy. I remmeber 'creatively writing' (making up shit, crapping on etc) mine a few days before it was due and doing very well in it.

SimonLee13

HSC
3 days before due date(everything). Made up stats though

RozBoz1

HSC
if u do it properly and go and do the research it takes a few days, but i slammed down the writing part in a day (hehe took a day off school to do it). just stick really closely to the marking guide and you cant go wrong. just write a sentence even for the one mark parts just so you have included it and then u cant go wrong!

this is probably really late... oh well

Gracer09

HSC
louise08 said:
We get the assessment for months and months... but everyone in my class has barely started at its due in week 2 this term.
I've done my research, and I'm just starting my report (stage 4) today.

My quesiton is.. did you all make use of the amount of time we get for this assessment? Or did you get in all done under pressure near due date?
did it under pressure... :)

did my whole project in 1 night :devil:

had info on it thou.. mayb few weeks before

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
i used all the time we had had to change topics after i started and still had trouble from my damn council, lead me off premises and broke my camera for taking a photo of a pile of green waste really WTF

louis.andrews

HSC
i made a website for mine and would have spent about 80hrs on it including all the web page construction. the graphics and all that took the most time but istill did a fair bit of info. i got 100 for it

henry08

HSC
N/A
Nice. Do you have a copy of the site you can show us?

smithers17

HSC
i did my whole sgp in one night incl. made up all stats and other info
got 18/20
was expecting much much lower

Last edited:

HoCo8

HSC
smithers17 said:
got 18/20
how can you mark such a huge project out of only 20? ours was out of 100...

did my last year, started as soon as we got it but had to restart it cause it wasn't working so my final SGP i did in about 2 weeks, and i got 92% all on my final essay, wasn't a whole lot of field work or anything, got second highest in my class when everyone else did it properly... they were kind of pissed. :cool:

Last edited:

samwell

HSC
4 weeks
my one was water testing basically doing a whole chemistry topic in an sgp. it was quite fun and tedious too.

taker0

HSC
started typing it up on the saturday before it was due (was due on the tuesday)

made up most of the stats.

got 17/20 for it :D

Maddie3

HSC
Last year when i did mine we had from the beginning of the year giving us alittle over 6 months.

I probably used a solid 4 months or more because of all the documents i had to read through and then had to interview people about the problem.

Documenting it didnt take as long. I got full marks for everything and didnt make up a single statistic, the way it should be done...

superralex

Sheriosusly BHS09.
HSC
1 week.

I finished it at school on the day it was due haha. Did most of it the night before.

Madz_B

HSC
We were given 6 months to do our SGP... Most people in our class did it in about 3 months, with a bit here and there for research

toadcat

HSC
Many people did it the week/night before...

The marks varied hugely from teacher to teacher though.

People in my class got marked quite well, whereas people in others (who clearly spent much more time on it than I did or my friend did) were marked up to 25% less.

iStorm

HSC
I gathered my primary information over 2 weeks (consistantly) and took one week of writing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)