How long do you guys study for? (1 Viewer)

bawd

HSC
seakebab said:
I've studied for around 45 minutes - 1 hour/day for the past week. This is the only time where I've actually studied during my whole school life, I'm aiming for around 2 hours/day next year, maybe more.

Just studied for 45 minutes on Japanese. :hammer:
Good work Kebab. I need to study another 5 units for Japanese, and I'm ready for the Prelim on Monday. :)

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
0hrs study and just got a 96% in the maths assessment on series/sequences and real functions, class average was 54%. its good being naturally smart. who's with me?

SimonLee13

HSC
About an hour to cover all the hw. Usually just that unless theres assessments/essays to be done.

lebobaker

HSC
our school expects 4-6 hours daily...i usually do it but it can get frustrating so i take fridays off and sleep in the weekends to balance it all out:torch:

TunaFish

HSC
lebobaker said:
our school expects 4-6 hours daily...i usually do it but it can get frustrating so i take fridays off and sleep in the weekends to balance it all out:torch:
4-6 hours daily is a helluva lot to expect of everyone.

My hours vary. They range from 0 on a lazy day to 8 on a weekend.

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
I don't really know how long I study for each night or per week - I just work for however long I need to so that I feel alright about whatever's coming up. When I look back after assessments and exams, I don't really remember studying at all, though I know I must have done.

Maybe not the best policy, but it's working pretty well for me right now. *touch wood - Prelims start on Monday ... *

jaychouf4n

HSC
For the 3-4 weeks before an exam i go to the library everyday and study 2-5/2 hours, and on the weekends probs 1-2h a day cos of tutoring & hw.

It gets me okish marks, but i think this kind of cramming won't work next year, so ill probs be studying everyday for a little rather than lay back and do absolutely nothing.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
jaychouf4n said:
For the 3-4 weeks before an exam i go to the library everyday and study 2-5/2 hours, and on the weekends probs 1-2h a day cos of tutoring & hw.

It gets me okish marks, but i think this kind of cramming won't work next year, so ill probs be studying everyday for a little rather than lay back and do absolutely nothing.
Hmm I might try going to the library to study after school for my prelims (still got a week left). Also I agree with the idea of studying everyday for a little - I wanted to do that this year - but I couldn't really manage - but I'll try and start next term.

NickBVK

HSC
Week leading up to exams - 1 1/2 hour per day.

In HSC I plan to just make notes for about 1h per day each day

Gurei

HSC
I really see no point in studying EVERY day in the HSC year. You're just going over work you've already learnt. Sure, maybe taking half an hour to review something you didn't 100% understand is okay, but 2+ hours is pretty damn rediculous.

As for me, I only study before tests, and for very short amounts of time. It also depends on the subject. I do no study for IPT, English and Biology. All the rest I study for about 1-2 hours before a test. Meh, I still pass. It's better than failing.

fishy89sg

HSC
the-derivative said:
Did you manage to do it?
what do you mean by "manage to do it" if you mean study 5-6 hours, no.

Last edited:

fishy89sg

HSC
the-derivative said:
Yeah... that...

I guess I'll prob aim for a more realistic approach for next term.
the best way to study is to start low (ie. half - 1 hour a day) for term 4, then increase it to about 2-3 hours a day before the trials, since term 4 stuff is generally easier

but the issue is actually starting, and sticking to it, because the moment you stop your schedule, its so hard to get back on

jellybelly59

HSC
study used to be like 1-2 hrs a day... but work just keeps coming and i have been using my time efficiently so it's like 0- 30 mins... this is on top of hw of course but still very bad :( we had a lady from the board of studies and she said on average they expect 1 hr a week per unit and twice that in HSC :O

Sezenator

HSC
o0omg do u get anything out of ur study
coz im always studyin but i find that i hardly get anything out of it lo0ol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)