• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How long do you wait for results? (1 Viewer)

Lalaloop

HSC
^ The higher ranked the high school, the more students feel the need to be better ranked than others. This is where tutoring comes in. Then as certain individuals becomes smarter, everyone feels the need to rise as well.
It's basically a vicious cycle.
Oh, seems like awful fun! I'd like to see myself in an environment like that. It drives academic excellence, and that's why we're at school.

authenticity

Povo Child
HSC
At first i thought you were being sarcastic and then i realised you were serious...
Honestly, sometimes the competitiveness gets to people pretty badly. Sometimes it's so pressurizing that there are people in my class who've cried because their English mark was slightly below average. Keep in mind, it was only year 9 and 10 and wasn't even HSC yet.

Lalaloop

HSC
At first i thought you were being sarcastic and then i realised you were serious...
Honestly, sometimes the competitiveness gets to people pretty badly. Sometimes it's so pressurizing that there are people in my class who've cried because their English mark was slightly below average. Keep in mind, it was only year 9 and 10 and wasn't even HSC yet.
Well, this is because people really want to do well, and doing well (for them) getting the best marks. People want to achieve different levels greatly,and some people are more driven than others, you know?

Carsbooks

HSC
Results are out this month- Normo, NSBH, SBHS and Ruse have already rung the applicants and offered interviews :/

Seems harder to move from a selective school into another

Lalaloop

HSC
Results are out this month- Normo, NSBH, SBHS and Ruse have already rung the applicants and offered interviews :/

Seems harder to move from a selective school into another
Hey, um, do you have any idea when HAST people receive results?

MissyL

HSC
Which schools are we still waiting for?
List of schools who have already supplied the outcomes of applications
NSB
Ruse
Normo
Fort St
Sydney Tech
SBHS
SGHS

Carsbooks

HSC
Which schools are we still waiting for?
List of schools who have already supplied the outcomes of applications
NSB
Ruse
Normo
Fort St
Sydney Tech
SBHS
SGHS
Girraween
Baulko
that's it I think??

Carsbooks

HSC
Baulko says it will release outcomes by the end of September and school ends on the 20th so I'm guessing either this week or the next??

Balls2u

HSC
Baulko says it will release outcomes by the end of September and school ends on the 20th so I'm guessing either this week or the next??
there's gonna be like 50 people on the reserve list with an unspecified number, they did that last yr

Makematics

HSC
have any of you done the fort st interviews? id be interested to hear how they went :p

MissyL

HSC
have any of you done the fort st interviews? id be interested to hear how they went :p
Yerrr going to your school next year :)

Anyways got interviewed by Moxham. It was a pretty chill interview and becuase it was made alot easier by some sheet, which essentially had all the interview questions, for us to answer. So like uni goals, HSC goals, hobbies, what do you usually do at home, what were your fav subjects in junior school etc. She also looked at like 5% of our essays we had to submit to fort lol. She was just like so what's your point here? I tell her, then she just kept on reading, spots a few big, formal words and chucks it aside haha. I was just like I SPENT 6 HRS WRITING THIS BS! hahaha. She was also pretty judgmental about report marks. She took little regard for other non compulsory subjects (subjects I did better in) e.g. my English mark dropped like 5% and she flipped kind of haha but luckily my maths increased by like 4% and science by 11. After that she just took a quick glimpse of my curricular activities, didn't ask me anything about it, then said well from seeing your test performance (in the entry test) and application I am very happy to offer you a place in Fort St :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)