How long does it take to memorise an essay? (1 Viewer)

AtlasX

HSC
P.S. I know the question, so it's not a problem

I have a test on the 17th of February which includes three short answer questions and two essays
The short answer questions and first essay I know the questions to
How long will it take me to memorise my essay?
And am I starting late if I start Monday?

Last edited:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
It really depends on how much time you have left to study for Studies of Religion-i.e. how much time are you going to devote the time remaining until your assessment to the study of other subjects, how long do you retain newly memorised information, perhaps draw upon your previous experiences of memorising essays where viable as a guideline. But in general, just remember one thing, you need to be able to adapt your essay to the second essay question to get the best marks possible. Best wishes for you to ace your upcoming exams:)

Last edited:

AtlasX

HSC
It really depends on how much time you have left to study for English-i.e. how much time are you going to devote the time remaining until your assessment to the study of other subjects, how long do you retain newly memorised information, perhaps draw upon your previous experiences of memorising essays where viable as a guideline. But in general, just remember one thing, you need to be able to adapt your essay to the second essay question to get the best marks possible. Best wishes for you to ace your English exams:)
Should have been more specific, it's Studies of Religion, but thanks anyways!

Last edited:

youngsky

poof
HSC
Takes about 5-6 hours for me to memorise 1000-1100 ish words.

If you start on monday, there's plenty of time. Don't neglect the other essay though, its probably worth just as many marks.

fatassmcfat

HSC
if you know 1 question then spend a lot of time perfecting it so you can write it really quick, then youll get 10+ mins extra then other people in writing the second...so probably 5-6 hours of memorising

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I used memory meds. bahahaha. I remembered my creative, AOS, mod ABC word for word.

williamdaft

HSC
creating your essay and memorising most of the words and points will only take a few hours. remembering 1000+ words exactly will take me around a few hours for a few days to get it stuck in my head and it allows a bit of a break. you don't want to try to memorise an essay in 6+ hours in one day.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
I guess memorising essays is the difference between a 90 ATAR and a 95+ ATAR. I could never be bothered memorising essays... Who has the time for that?

enoilgam

HSC
The amount of time it takes depends on how much experience you have with memorising essays and how well you aim to memorise them. If you want a word by word memorisation, that will take considerably longer, but if you arent too fussed then the time will be cut significantly. For me, I can probably memorise about 1,000 words per hour - however, I have a lot of experience with memorised responses.

Hombad

HSC
Did you not memorise for your HSC?
Only memorisation of a response I did was for EE1 story (I memorised some poetry I made/integrated for the piece, as I had to write it at home to make sure it was good).

That was it, apart from the standard memorisation of quotes/statistics/expert opinions for English and Legal.

study1234

HSC
It took me 6+ hours per 1k essay, but that's probs because I have a shit memory (and got stressed under pressure). Most people usually take 3-4 hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)