How long does it take you to gain weight? (1 Viewer)

synthesized

HSC
N/A
Took me 6 months to go from 61kg to 74kg, put on a fair bit of fat but a shitload of muscle too. Was weight training every 2-3 days, eating 5-6 medium-big meals a day. Then I stopped and dropped back to 65kg lol.

Since I started exercising again 1 month ago, I've gained about 3kg and no noticeable fat.

How long does it take you guys to make serious muscle gains?

adidasboy

weee
HSC
woah 13kg in 6 months!!?
I worked out almost everyday for 6 months and gained only ~8kg. I barely ate any proper meats tho, get all of my protein from shakes only lol.
I'm asian, we don't really cook very meaty dishes.

Working out gave me massive gains tho, maybe not weight but in appearance.

jcurry

HSC
lol, im 55kg and have been for a few years, im 176cm to so im underweight
to answer your question- i dont gain weight even when i binge on food, im active though maybe thats why

Lolita25

HSC
I went from 54-64 kgs in ONE year. My doctor says that for my height (5'3")
I should be weighing 54. Oh well. Its not like im caring about my physcial apperance at this time.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
Lolita25 said:
I went from 54-64 kgs in ONE year. My doctor says that for my height (5'3")
I should be weighing 54. Oh well. Its not like im caring about my physcial apperance at this time.
HSC did this to you :hammer:

Pace_T

HSC
synthesized said:
Took me 6 months to go from 61kg to 74kg, put on a fair bit of fat but a shitload of muscle too. Was weight training every 2-3 days, eating 5-6 medium-big meals a day. Then I stopped and dropped back to 65kg lol.

Since I started exercising again 1 month ago, I've gained about 3kg and no noticeable fat.

yahh im the same. my weight fluctuates the same way... and i weigh the same
how tall are you??
currently im 75kg heaviest so far. my weight in the past year has been between 60-75.. depending on whether im training or not.
must be mesos i guess. just need the appetite we get from training.

Nat3skiz

HSC
I've put on 3 kilo's in just under 8 weeks with my current routine. I don't drink shakes, all my protein comes from meats and eggs etc.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I am 56-58kg with 176cm. I used to be 56 with 160cm so...I don't know if HSC is taking my weight out instead of putting it on.

Last edited:

NinjaSauce

HSC
synthesized said:
adidasboy said:
woah 13kg in 6 months!!?
I worked out almost everyday for 6 months and gained only ~8kg. I barely ate any proper meats tho, get all of my protein from shakes only lol.
I'm asian, we don't really cook very meaty dishes.
People,

Here lies the secret. Food. 5kg more than you, and he:
1. Ate more/bigger meals.
2. Ate more protein.
3. Didn't think you get huge on whey. Whey is good, and has its uses, but real food trumps Whey IN EVERY MEAL bar post-exercise.

Also guys, your gains will slow after this intial burst due to:
1. You had 'beginners gains'. Oh how i wish i had them again.
2. Your body weight eventually evens out with you calorie intake. You'll have to eat even MORE. Now that you have a taste for the amount you are requried to eat, imagine the pro-bodybuilders who are 125kg+, Train harder than you, AND on steroids (which will just push food intake up again).

And 1 other thing...

You're all lightweights! :p I kid, i kid. The leanest i have been at my height was 71kg, and i was Ab-tactular. I'm a good 50% heavier now. Though, not lean at all :p

quik.

HSC
Went from about 75 to 100 last year at the good ol' uni gym. Good ol' uni gym is not open during holidays so summer break saw me lose about 10kg and a lot of strength, now I'm back to getting my lifts up and holding steady around 90kg till stuff is paid for so I can afford food again :]

ps- ninja, did you get the 200 dead?

Pace_T

HSC
quik. said:
Went from about 75 to 100 last year at the good ol' uni gym. Good ol' uni gym is not open during holidays so summer break saw me lose about 10kg and a lot of strength, now I'm back to getting my lifts up and holding steady around 90kg till stuff is paid for so I can afford food again :]

wow is that lean? what sort of bf %?

quik.

HSC
12-14ish I would guess, but I honestly don't have a clue. Could still see top 4 abs, but they weren't 'cut'. As long as my pecs stuck out further than the stomach I was cool with it.

NinjaSauce

HSC
quik. said:

200kg dead? Pfft, like, last Christmas.

I've pulled a snappy 220kg. (I'll PM you a youtube link).

75 to 100kg is a very, very, very big gain in 1 year. Unless your juicing (Not that theres anything wrong with that...) You've put on flubber. Which you'll grow to not care about.

Arn't you at Sydney Uni? You Said "Uni Gym" - you're not at UNSW, right (i train here, and Mosman FF)? Do you train at Arena, or somewhere else?

Trajan

HSC
lyounamu said:
I am 56-58kg with 176cm. I used to be 56 with 160cm so...I don't know if HSC is taking my weight out instead of putting it on.

Dude you are a feather.

Try to bulk up man.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
NinjaSauce said:

75 to 100kg is a very, very, very big gain in 1 year. Unless your juicing (Not that theres anything wrong with that...) You've put on flubber. Which you'll grow to not care about.

Arn't you at Sydney Uni? You Said "Uni Gym" - you're not at UNSW, right (i train here, and Mosman FF)? Do you train at Arena, or somewhere else?
wahh 220kg? serious? what's your bench?

I'm very weak lol I do like ~60kg deadlift 5x6. my form is probably shit as well.
lol you guys probably 2x lift more with one hand.

quik.

HSC
NinjaSauce said:

Didn't put on too much flub, I was pretty pleased with the results. Didn't get as strong as I wanted but reworking that now while I can't afford food.

I'm at Usyd but the cumbo campus, and have a home set up now. Kind of miss the little cumbo gym. 220 is a wicked pull good work, do you do the olympic lifts as well?

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
I'm almost 50kg, and i'm 173cm ish... I used to be like 53kg after eating lots for one year, and being really lazy, but I got sick and lost it all.

Nat3skiz

HSC
NinjaSauce said:

After you've made your gains, to burn off the fat does it become detrimental to your strength?

adidasboy

weee
HSC
Nat3skiz said:
After you've made your gains, to burn off the fat does it become detrimental to your strength?
I'm guessing it does, probably why all the powerlifters are fatty/beefy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)