How long does it take you to get over your ex? (1 Viewer)

Iced tea

HSC
N/A
I recently broke up with my first girlfriend, it was a pretty short relationship.. like 2/3 months. Its been like a month since it happened but i still think about her heaps.. and its starting to take its toll on me. Im asking you guys this because she broke up with me so she could get back with HER ex; it was always a problem in our relationship, they kinda clung onto each other stayed friends and shit.. that pissed me off a bit but i thought it was "normal"? But then i find out she gets back with him as soon as we break up.

Now im in the same postion.. i still like her but i don't know if i want to be friends with her. Its shit like i dont want to cling on to her (i.e stay friends) because id be a hypocrite if i did; i didnt like her ex hanging around so i dont think i should do the same as he did.

How long does it take for you to get your ex out of your system?? Is it worth staying friends?

thesnowman

Banned
HSC
depends on how long you two dated and how serious the relationship was.

average: 1 year

^sexpert talking here

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
agentprovocater said:
average: 6 months-1 year

dont go near ur ex. she treated u like a rebound

murder crucify murder crucify

i hate users
The question was how long it took to get over a 2-3 month relationship. If it takes you 6-12 months to get over it, I think someone needs to man the fuck up.

Darkening

HSC
I never did.. I still love this one girl... But she would never know now.

cl3nta

HSC
go to some parties.. once you hook up, I think you'll feel a little better ;)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
i wouldnt know. i was over the relationships before i ended them.
will know all about it in a few months time though

alby

cool duckie
HSC
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
hook up and find a rebound
it seriously works...
rebounds are THE WORST sort of relationships!

trying to be friends with your ex, espically since she's used and hurt you like this, isnt a good idea either. just spend time with your mates, do things to take your mind off it, vent if you want to...eventually, you'll get over her

Season

HSC
Look to sex and the city for the rules of dating :)

>> it takes half the amount of time you were dating to get completely over them :)

HSC
I heard that it take 2 months for every year u were together. in ur case not very long at all...in my case it will take a little more than 4 months. well one month down 3 more to go :)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
I think ive given advice on this sort of thing before. It went something like thi:

Sleep with her best friend. Then her sister. Then her mother. If you can, take pictures and send them to her :D

revenge is awesome for curing depressions, so is getting balls deep in some slut. combine the two and you have win.

dodgyfilokid

HSC
hmm...it depends on you personally mate..how long are you willing to drag this thing?? put it this way..it depends on the person who got cut out of the picture...do things..any thing you can to get over her...as for being mates hmm its a touchy issue...as of now dont contact her unless ur sure u can stand reality...dont do what i did...kept in contact wit my ex.( i stil do sometimes) and it dragged out my recovery to like 6 months...she was my first gf and first kiss so it was harder but yeh

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Roll_Your_Eyes said:
I heard that it take 2 months for every year u were together. in ur case not very long at all...in my case it will take a little more than 4 months. well one month down 3 more to go :)
Eight months for me?

Jesus that's harsh. Pretty sure there's no maths involved with this crap.

Iced tea

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
The question was how long it took to get over a 2-3 month relationship. If it takes you 6-12 months to get over it, I think someone needs to man the fuck up.
You are a sick cunt and a half. Thanks champ.

She basically cheated on me.. so i really don't think i have any incentive to keep in touch with her, not just the fact that she cheated on me but the fact that she did it, and is continuing to hide the truth from me thinking i don't know about it. No apologies. No explanations. Why would i want to be mates with some untrustworthy cheat? Bitch, you gotta earn the right to be on my friends list :D

Really appreciate the responses, this place is a great vent.. didn't know there were that many people with the same past situations

carreau

HSC
I think alot of the trying to 'get over' your ex has to do with the fact that you're single now, a little uncomfortable because you're thrown back out there and have to work harder for it again.

And it's thoughts like this which make you maybe not so much miss your ex, but miss being in a relationship..

I haven't been dumped yet so.. I can't really speak from that perspective..

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
well the standard formula for getting over someone is y = x + (2x)^2

x = 3 months

so substitute that into the 'getting over' formula and you get:

y (days) = 3 + (2 x 3)^2

= 3 + 6^2

= 3 + 36

= 39.

It will take you 39 days to get over her.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)