How many ASIANS do 4 Unit ENGLISH? (1 Viewer)

how many english unit do you do?

• 2 units standard

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • 2 units advanced

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • 1 unit extension 1

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • 1 unit extension 2

Votes: 72 60.5%

• Total voters

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
All of da 4unit students in ma school are of european background. Who here does 4unit English, and is Azian? Speak up!! I only do 2u advanced english and already struggle.

HSC
I did it last year, and I'm asian... in our eng ext 2 class about a third were asian ....

its ashame more asians don't do subjects like 4unit english... it was probably the best subject I did.

Last edited:

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i did 4u english last year and im asian .. i do'nt see what this has to do with anything though :confused:

lizzy1004

HSC
ehehe i do 4 units of english and i;m asian... but wut differnce does it make...just depends on ones interests

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by VanCarBus
All of da 4unit students in ma school are of european background. Who here does 4unit English, and is Azian? Speak up!! I only do 2u advanced english and already struggle.
I am the only Asian who is doing Extension 2 English in my school and I am the only person who do both Extension 2 Maths and Extension 2 English. What am I thinking?!

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Hmm come to think of it, only about 5, 6 out of 20 students in the ext2 class at my school were asian.

Huy

HSC
N/A
What's with the poll?

2U Standard
2U Advanced

1U Extension 1?
1U Extension 2?

You mean,
3U (Advanced + Extension 1 English) and
4U (Advanced + Extension 1 & 2 English)

I voted for what everyone else selected.
"1U" Extension 2. (To do Extension 2, you'll have to do Extension 1, and then you'd need Advanced English too). :confused:

Oh well, I'm being pedantic.

/edit
Extension 1:
2 asians, 10 'aussies'

Extension 2:
1 asian (me :p), 6 'aussies'

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
yeh come to think of it, its kinda lame to post this in an ext2 forum, seeing as everyone here is doing/did ext2

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
lol
4u ... standard maths...

//edit//

haha on a side note i remember seeing a "gifted" asian chic at that extension 2 day last year ..during lunch at hungry jacks... run into door ...not once..but twice..which was clearly marked PULL..hahha

she tried to push..failed....then tried again...if that was the competition im very happy :D

...hehe yes i am azn :D

KarmaKitten

HSC
Originally posted by AsyLum
lol
4u ... standard maths...

//edit//

haha on a side note i remember seeing a "gifted" asian chic at that extension 2 day last year ..during lunch at hungry jacks... run into door ...not once..but twice..which was clearly marked PULL..hahha

she tried to push..failed....then tried again...if that was the competition im very happy :D

...hehe yes i am azn :D
hahahaha thats just funny

Lolliana

well in my class of ten dtudents
there is one asian, -chinese
one russian/australian
one south african
one armenian
one english/american
one english/australian
one scottish/australian

when i say 'australian' i mean not 1st generation

there were more that dropped
one was italian/australian
one was greek/malasian
one was south african
two were australian

it doesn't really matter, if you're struggling with eng adv, though, you may find the ext 1 part really difficult but not necessarily ext 2
its weird that way
some of the girls who are really good at eng ext 1 dont do that well in eng ext 2
its totally different

try it and see you can always drop it

Lolliana

sorry to double post, but this all concept gets on my nerves
it just shits me that asian kids are pushed into science subjects, and their english is neglected because of preconceived assumptions
i remember reading an article by amy tan (the author of 'wild swans' and 'the joy luck club') about how at school she was really encouraged in the maths and sciences areas, but teachers just didnt expect her to be competent in english
that whole mind set, is robbing us of some very capable writers im sure

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lolliana
it just shits me that asian kids are pushed into science subjects, and their english is neglected because of preconceived assumptions
i remember reading an article by amy tan (the author of 'wild swans' and 'the joy luck club') about how at school she was really encouraged in the maths and sciences areas, but teachers just didnt expect her to be competent in english
that whole mind set, is robbing us of some very capable writers im sure
lol FUCK MATHS AND SCIENCE i say haha

never ws good at them :D

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by Lolliana
...that whole mind set, is robbing us of some very capable writers im sure
yeah i agree with you too. it goes for arts and humanities too.. i was pushed into maths and sciences by my parents like the majority of my [asian] friends but i was able to escape that eventually.

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
Um,
wat I am tryin to say is that majority of most classes are NOT asians. Mayb thats just Bcause i am no total james ruse or baulko ultra nerd. I am ordinary Castle Hill High student. That may hb the case

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by VanCarBus
Um,
wat I am tryin to say is that majority of most classes are NOT asians. Mayb thats just Bcause i am no total james ruse or baulko ultra nerd. I am ordinary Castle Hill High student. That may hb the case
lol....parra marist here and only azn doing ext 1 and ext 2 english :D

malayz_angel

Well if u look at my list, u can tell that I was definitely not forced into maths or science subjects! I was in Advanced Maths in Year 11 but I think my report card kinda helped convince my parents to let me drop to General.... :D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hehe now im wishing i dropped to general :(

ooh well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)