How many days do you go to uni? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
5 day timetable but likely to skip a lecture so itll be 4 days

Last edited:

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
http://i.imgur.png[/g] OR [img]http://i.imgur..png[/i]

lol[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4z9iI.jpg

Looking at them makes me want to cry.

(Looking at mine makes me want to cry even more).

Last edited:

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm studying Arts/Law at Usyd and I'm at uni 3 days a week (Mon-Wed), with a 4 day weekend and I have decent breaks in between :p

fionarykim

HSC
Hhaha woow really?
i hope ur right :DD
also does anyne know why this Media and communications at Usyd require an atar cut off of 98+?
when at UNSW its only 85 ish? :SS

J18134

HSC
Different supply and demand.

What hours should i expect as an engineering uni/ days spent at uni.

J18134

HSC
Heaps, my best friend does engineering, goes to 5 days a week ):

Thought so. Thought id get the bad news delivered now before i suddenly get my timetable and think 'FUCK'. Would it be around 30 hours? or more in the 20s?

fionarykim

HSC
Thought so. Thought id get the bad news delivered now before i suddenly get my timetable and think 'FUCK'. Would it be around 30 hours? or more in the 20s?
Oh no no not near the 30s
around 23-25 ish hahha

Also could u explain what you meant by 'different demands and supply?'

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Hhaha woow really?
i hope ur right :DD
also does anyne know why this Media and communications at Usyd require an atar cut off of 98+?
when at UNSW its only 85 ish? :SS
the cutoff is higher at UTS than UNSW even

I guess people know doing arts at UNSW is pointless when like USyd is better and UTS is just as good.

And arts is more about "learning" than getting a job so people just go to the places they think teach the best.

fionarykim

HSC
the cutoff is higher at UTS than UNSW even

I guess people know doing arts at UNSW is pointless when like USyd is better and UTS is just as good.

And arts is more about "learning" than getting a job so people just go to the places they think teach the best.
Sorry im a bit confused :SS
so even if thats the case, why is the difference so big? 10 marks difference and UNSW and Usyd 's cut offs are often similar?
:O

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
so even if thats the case, why is the difference so big? 10 marks difference and UNSW and Usyd 's cut offs are often similar?
Because the UNSW Arts faculty doesn't compare to USyd AT ALL. They don't have the same quality of teaching/variety of subjects on offer/or length of time the degree has been offered. When people choose their degree, they often go for the best one on offer, so it makes more sense to apply to a uni that has a well established degree with reputable teachers and a variety of subjects.

Also things like there aren't as many places offered at USyd, so the cutoff is higher because it's more competitive than UNSW.

fionarykim

HSC
Because the UNSW Arts faculty doesn't compare to USyd AT ALL. They don't have the same quality of teaching/variety of subjects on offer/or length of time the degree has been offered. When people choose their degree, they often go for the best one on offer, so it makes more sense to apply to a uni that has a well established degree with reputable teachers and a variety of subjects.

Also things like there aren't as many places offered at USyd, so the cutoff is higher because it's more competitive than UNSW.
Ohh okay i see
looks like i gotta work like crazy to get into that uSyd course T____T

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

yeah, this

UNSW is good for engineering, not arts
(and science and business and stuff, but those things are as good elsewhere as well)

cormacshaw

HSC
N/A
What people are saying (Usyd arts > UNSW arts) is correct, however extrapolating on that, the reason why the cut-off is lower is simply because they need to fill up the course, and if the cut-off was higher (90>), less people would apply and hence there would be less people taking the course.

By lowering the cut off rate, more people will apply, and fill up the course.

Therefore, it is as someone mentioned above, supply and demand.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
What people are saying (Usyd arts > UNSW arts) is correct, however extrapolating on that, the reason why the cut-off is lower is simply because they need to fill up the course, and if the cut-off was higher (90>), less people would apply and hence there would be less people taking the course.

By lowering the cut off rate, more people will apply, and fill up the course.

Therefore, it is as someone mentioned above, supply and demand.
Not necessarily.

In most cases, the university doesn't set the cut-off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)