how many digits does a student number have? (1 Viewer)

leisl1990

HSC
hi guys,

on the hsc paper, there are 9 boxes, but the student number i use to log in studentonline has only 8 digits?

do i put 1 infront of the number like the uac number or do i just leave one box blank??

cheers

Conspiracy?

Banned
HSC
N/A
Putting a 1 in front will consequently change your number and your paper will not be registered with your name.

Start in the first box and leave the last box blank.

leisl1990

HSC
Conspiracy? said:
Putting a 1 in front will consequently change your number and your paper will not be registered with your name.

Start in the first box and leave the last box blank.
oh, really? then whats the point of putting 9 boxes?
are there any student numbers with 9 digits?

Conspiracy?

Banned
HSC
N/A
leisl1990 said:
oh, really? then whats the point of putting 9 boxes?
are there any student numbers with 9 digits?
However the numbers are checked, the examiner/machine/whatever will not guess that you've put a 1 in front just to fill up space. Either someone else who happens to have 9 digits (if possible) may be given your marks or your name will not match any of the student numbers.

Don't risk it. Despite there being 9 boxes, it does not require you to fill all of them. The examiner/machine/whatever begins at the first box.

leisl1990

HSC
Conspiracy? said:
However the numbers are checked, the examiner/machine/whatever will not guess that you've put a 1 in front just to fill up space. Either someone else who happens to have 9 digits (if possible) may be given your marks or your name will not match any of the student numbers.

Don't risk it. Despite there being 9 boxes, it does not require you to fill all of them. The examiner/machine/whatever begins at the first box.
alrite, thanks for your patience.

HSC
Also would you also need to fill out your number for every page as the instructions says? Seems pretty time consuming.

Conspiracy?

Banned
HSC
N/A
kevinx2 said:
Also would you also need to fill out your number for every page as the instructions says? Seems pretty time consuming.
If it tells you to do it, obviously do it. Don't risk that either. If your paper comes apart, the examiners will know that a missing sheet they have found belongs to you. Or whatever. Would you risk losing marks if a page went missing and your number wasn't written on the missing sheet?

Write your number (where required) every time you turn to a new page. It's less time consuming that way, than at the end of the exam rushing through to put your number on the pages.

Do what is required. The Board of Studies does not give specific instructions and print student identification boxes on every page just for a laugh.

Last edited:

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
so ur telling me i need to write my Student Number on the FRONT of every booklet used AS WELL AS on every page used INSIDE THAT BOOKLET - thats like 20 times?!!

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Pwnage101 said:
so ur telling me i need to write my Student Number on the FRONT of every booklet used AS WELL AS on every page used INSIDE THAT BOOKLET - thats like 20 times?!!
lol well its up to you, if some mishap happens and ur booklet comes apart gg

independantz

HSC
Do we actually have to remember the number? Or is it given to us on the days of our exams?

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
independantz said:
Do we actually have to remember the number? Or is it given to us on the days of our exams?
yes,20425091

they shud have a thing with ur number on ur desk though :D

MysticalElement

Troll Slayer
HSC
random input but what sort of Id do we need for the exam....coz i just relised i cant find my school id are drivers licence ok?

advancedanthony

HSC
quick question: do we have to take our own paper to the exams?
(i dont think we do but thought id make sure)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
advancedanthony said:
quick question: do we have to take our own paper to the exams?
(i dont think we do but thought id make sure)
dude no
you can't
they give u question booklets

X

xeuyrawp

kevinx2 said:
Yes, you should.

And it really doesn't take that much time if you practice writing it out quickly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)