How many go to orientation? (1 Viewer)

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
I enrolled today and after telling her my campus, the orientation lady took a while to find the Hawkesbury pile of info sheets and said, "Oh, we haven't had many from there!". Do you think that if I go to orientation day, I will be the only one there or that there will only be a few for my course? How many ppl actually turn up for orientation? Thanks for any answers you provide! :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You know why it took so long Girlgonemad? Cause no one really goes to hawkesbury :p

But i didn't bother going to orientation last year cause it was raining. But its really a personal choice if you want to go or not.

uwsstudent

HSC
i only went to the enrollment day

i saw all of the BA students, i didn't go to bankstown anymore, i guess i miss my high school sooooooo much, it just gets to me when i can't see my good friends as much as i like, i didn't go and u will find out who is who when u go into lecture and tut, i think bankstown is quiet than any other campus or something

uwsstudent

HSC
i agree with that

i did some electives back in paramatta campus, i was so surprised to see so many more people showed up there, i like the arcade game machine there, cheap to play, more people i suppose too, i hope this year bankstown has more people coming

klh

HSC
there was alot at penrith for B tech, full to the brim and in the biggest lecture room in U building. but it was short, about and hour and a half talk.
hawkesbury isnt a popular campus becsaue its so far away. i appreciate having to go to penrith compared to hawkesbury. i mean at least i have heard about penrith [yeah the penny panthers in nrl]. im sure people will turn up, i mean its there chance to g et some info about uni first hand.

also, where is the arcade games uwsstudent??? ive never been to the campus when its been fully open...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I didn't go. But a friend from uni went and she said that they just gave you tours of the library (not that you can miss it) and tours of the campus. Its really up to you if you want to go.

d_elmo

HSC
dont worry

ill most likely be going to the hawkesbury orientation... so at the very least that makes two of us :p

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Oh. My. God. Tell me about it =( My AAS had about 6 guys in total and like 50 girls.. not that I was looking.. :D

mattyg87

HSC
my AAS had roughly 98% guys! and by chance i was sitting next to one of the only girls in the whole course.

mattyg87

HSC
lol yeah, even the straight computing course which had the AAS after me, they had only a few chicks in it too...but one of them was hot :)

klh

HSC
you should go to the orientation, there are comps and stuff that you can enter and win cash prizes.
at penrith for instance, you got a form and had to go to all the tours and get a stamp and put it in the box, and after a couple of weeks they would draw it and the winner got sent a letter regarding the prize. at penrith, the winner got $150 but i heard parra students get alot more.

haha, real funny not-that-bright! lol

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
it sounds like the girls in social science are gunna be in need of alot of "IT support".
LOL.. too bad I'm computer-literate =/

I've got the best orientation day though, its the same day as computing, comp science, I.T, pdhpe, engineering etc :D

Sasky

HSC
hmm. enroled today. got a late round offer so when I accepted and recieved no forthcoming mail or news, I decided to ring them today after reading on the website to attend information days on the 21-22.

And voila, they said today is the last day for enrolement. So caught bus + train (3 hrs travelling to and back) from Sydney, saw lots of grass and s***loads of clouds.

So, I enroled today. They said I have to come back again 23rdish. Am so confused. Just opened student account online, my sister was asking me about choosing other credits, besides the compulsory ones for my degree. I was like what da?
Hmm all I saw was the compulsory units for my communication degree on this sheet today. UWS is very, very different to sydney unis. I'm trying to get my head around it all and finding my neck being caught at every turn.

:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)