How many go to orientation? (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
What can't you get your head around Sasky. As for the enrolment - typical uws admin :uhhuh:

Last edited:

Sasky

HSC
ok... let's see . *deep breath*

- Was today 'enrolement day'? Or Orientation? Im not sure cause I was just told to turn up and enrol today. It didnt look very much like a uni enrolement day - and I went to the Sydney Uni one when my sister had to enrol last year, so I was really confused.
- Or is 'Orientation' (do they call it O week as well?) the 'course based sessions' that was on this sheet I got today and to come back? - i wrote its on the 23rd last post, but its the 24th at Kingswood.
- Is all the library + it labs tours and workshops on that day I come in?
- Also there are units I got that are obviously related to my course, but I'm told we can pick other units too, that dont necessarily relate to my degree - i.e. non-communication units/or electives?
- I dont know anyone - literally noone - that is going there from my school, outside school friends, and it takes me younks to get there. Is that just me or is there at least SOME ppl here that also have to travel a bit (i.e. from city-sydney) and feel totally lonerised (if that's how u spell it)?
- So is that it? Just enrole today, then turn up for that session on the 24th, and then start going to classes when they start? Do we get sent timetables, do we have to self-enrol in tutes, etc? JUST - IS THAT IT??? I'm going to find out last minute AGAIN.

pooft. TIred. Have no idea about this uni. Am lost forever (this year anyway). Doomed to failure and self remorse.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
- Was your offer late or main round? If today was enrolment day, you should have also have an AAS (academic advising session - gives you an introduction to your course).

- 23rd ish seems more like your orientation. Usually its course based, they will give you a tour of the campus and tell you how things work etc.

- You will find out about library and it labs when you have orientation (if you decide to go).

- You can pick any electives in the whole of uws if your have the pre-requisites. But you should follow your course structure that it says in the handbook, and when it says free electives, you can choose electives. If your doing electives in first year, choose level 100 subjects - these are introductory subjects, in semester 2 you can start level 200 subjects if you want.

- I didn't know anyone who went from my highschool to uws. I go to the Hawkesbury campus. So I travel from eastwood all the way to richmond. It takes slightly over 2 hours sometimes 3 hours. When your on the train for all that time, its a good place to study :)

- Tutorial registration is where you make your timetable, but its good to make a draft timetable first to see how classes fit together. I'll give you the link for the site where tutorial registration is, so you can read up about it some more.
http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/tut_reg

Sasky

HSC
Cape said:
- Was your offer late or main round? If today was enrolment day, you should have also have an AAS (academic advising session - gives you an introduction to your course).

- You can pick any electives in the whole of uws if your have the pre-requisites. But you should follow your course structure that it says in the handbook, and when it says free electives, you can choose electives. If your doing electives in first year, choose level 100 subjects - these are introductory subjects, in semester 2 you can start level 200 subjects if you want.

- Tutorial registration is where you make your timetable, but its good to make a draft timetable first to see how classes fit together. I'll give you the link for the site where tutorial registration is, so you can read up about it some more.
http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/tut_reg
My offer was in the late round. And they said they dont have any AAS for my course - on the website.

When do we get the handbook? Was it supposed to be today? Are they expensive?
Can we just make our own timetable?

ps: thanks heaps. repped.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
today was the last day for MAIN round offers - for enrolment.
if you wanted to enrol for LATE round offers - you go on the 21-22 feb. i think. and then orientation for ALL new students is on the 23rd, 24th & 25th feb.

Sasky

HSC
Annegelic said:
today was the last day for MAIN round offers - for enrolment.
if you wanted to enrol for LATE round offers - you go on the 21-22 feb. i think. and then orientation for ALL new students is on the 23rd, 24th & 25th feb.
Yeah, thought it was for main round too. But they had a stack of boxes for ppl who got in late round when I went, and they said that it's harder - even if it's a late round offer - to come in on that 21-22 date.

But yeah. Your enrolement THEN orientation clarification was superb.

Sasky

HSC
From website:

'Academic Advising commences at the times specified. If your course does not have a session listed then please attend any enrolment session.'

Mine's on the 22nd. (reedit)

'There will be special enrolment sessions conducted on Monday 21 & Tuesday 22 February, however you are strongly encouraged to attend a session prior to these dates.'

Or do I attend:
* AAS
* The Course Based Session on 24th AND
* the 'special enrolement session' on 21 & 22?

WTF??? How many sessions and enrolements do u need?
Do I need to go on the 21st AND the 22nd or either day? Or is that my AAS?

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Usually AAS sessions and enrolments are on the same day. hmm ... obviously you will need to go to the enrolment - thats the most important. But you should try ringing up the uni as soon as you can get a chance and confirm with them what you need to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)