• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How many hours of hw/studying do U do? (1 Viewer)

sasa-o8

HSC
I do homework for about 1.5hrs a night..but it really depends on how little/much I get but 1.5 is average.

I never study.. only a day or two before exams.

lilrah194

HSC
lol i procrastinate alot, then cram it all in the night before a its due haha i should probably stop doing that ay

leannespeaks

HSC
Riviet said:
For maths: do your homework! Learn your formulae and know how to apply them to problems. It pays off in year 12 when you do have an idea of what your teacher is on about. Everything in year 12 maths from general all the way up to 4 unit requires a solid understanding of the basics, and it is from the basics that you develop your understanding of the harder concepts in maths. :cool:

oh damn!!! ..( rushes to pick General Maths Book ) guess i better start then!!
i should stop ranting about procastination issues and get down to work!!

jkylk

HSC
I procrastinate a lot as well but not as much as i did in year 10. Must stop though! Hmm.. i seem to be unable to finish my work. I mean i have to stay up at around 2am in the morning trying to complete hw or assignments. This is not normal is it?? LOL

leannespeaks

HSC
jkylk said:
I procrastinate a lot as well but not as much as i did in year 10. Must stop though! Hmm.. i seem to be unable to finish my work. I mean i have to stay up at around 2am in the morning trying to complete hw or assignments. This is not normal is it?? LOL
girl...we're on the same boat then!!!!

Annalisee

HSC
I probably do about half an hour or less at night, but I have 9 free periods a cycle and get ALOT done in them. I'll probably do about an hour over the weekend unless I have an assignment.
I study if we have an in class assesment otherwise I sometimes just read over Maths or Bio notes.

PrettyVacant

HSC
Annalisee said:
I probably do about half an hour or less at night, but I have 9 free periods a cycle and get ALOT done in them. I'll probably do about an hour over the weekend unless I have an assignment.
I study if we have an in class assesment otherwise I sometimes just read over Maths or Bio notes.
=) I get home at like, 4-ish.
Then I'll go up to my room (if I'm good, I'll do my hw, if I'm bad, I'll go on MSN).
If I don't go on MSN, my HW & Assignents & Other study are done in about 3 hours.
If I do...I'll do about 40% of it up til 10 o'clock and then sleep...wake up at like, 4 or 5 and do it all in the morning until about 7:30 when I have to leave to get to school.

Yeah. That's my life story.

Annalisee

HSC
PrettyVacant said:
=) I get home at like, 4-ish.
Then I'll go up to my room (if I'm good, I'll do my hw, if I'm bad, I'll go on MSN).
If I don't go on MSN, my HW & Assignents & Other study are done in about 3 hours.
If I do...I'll do about 40% of it up til 10 o'clock and then sleep...wake up at like, 4 or 5 and do it all in the morning until about 7:30 when I have to leave to get to school.

Yeah. That's my life story.
What the crap! Dude, I never leave it till the morning because I know I wont wake up.

I get home around 4 too, go on msn and myspace at intervals till about 1 when I go to sleep. I've got a bunch of other crap on most days though so I do little bits of homework inbetween dancing/hockey etc.

PrettyVacant

HSC
What the crap! Dude, I never leave it till the morning because I know I wont wake up.
Oh?

Well I get by with very little sleep normally. =) Plus my sleeping patterns have really changed...like...this morning, I woke up at 5. Body's used to it.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
The only time I wake up between 4am-5am is to revise again for a half-yearly or yearly

cs01001

HSC
Kujah said:
The only time I wake up between 4am-5am is to revise again for a half-yearly or yearly
Does it even work?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
pritnep said:
But that's the School Certificate this is the Preliminary/HSC.... :p
Haha yeah, I know. I might still try that. Waking up at 5am, getting a cup of coffee, and reading all my notes for a last-minute revision before Preliminary/HSC exam. Sounds good =)

cs01001

HSC
I find going to bed early, then waking up at around 5-6 to study is very effective, especially when you the test requires a lot of memorising etc.

peggd

HSC
at the beginning of this term i started out doing 23 hours of study a week, hours varying day to day....half yearly exams are coming up and im at that point where i just cant be bothered....im still doing about 15-19 hours a week but im finding it so difficult......

leannespeaks

HSC
tamaranadine said:
I don't often wake up early to do homework, but If i have an exam that day, I'll study at night, but go to bed early then wake up at 5.00am to do more study, i think last minute revision helps
from my experiences....i think i agree with you..LAST MINUTE REVISIon helps..you still have the fresh memory of the stuff that you need to learn in order to answer the question in the test.

I sometimes wake up like 5-6 in them morning.
But when my insomnia strikes, i basically do much homework as i can to help me fall asleep.

one time i couldn't sleep even though i went ot bed early..so i pick up a biology book and read through...next thing i knew i was in lala land..

cy91

HSC
The best time to study is when there is hardly anything on your mind

this time is the morning!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)