How many hours of study are you currently doing? (1 Viewer)

Mrkingofstuff

HSC
Does 'study' include homework, because whenever I get english homework, i tend to spend a long while writing up a piece...(+procrastination) so I don't really get to work on every subject evenly.. I just hope I can study 20mins of every subject daily ( as everyone advises to do so) + homework
I'm trying to do half an hour per subject per day (including homework). It is actually quite good if you like your subjects because you don't get bored doing one thing. I'm probably at 3-4 subjects a day because English and Modern eat up a lot of time.

CaffeineMotor

HSC
I'm trying to do half an hour per subject per day (including homework). It is actually quite good if you like your subjects because you don't get bored doing one thing. I'm probably at 3-4 subjects a day because English and Modern eat up a lot of time.
What are you doing for each 30min sesh? Like are you achieving much?

mylucky9

HSC
I'm on like a yoyo diet, last week I turned off my wifi and studied intensely 3 days straight. I managed to get so much into my head, but after I turned my wifi back on I've been procrastinating since. I'm not turning off my wifi this time, but I took my laptop out and left it downstairs for my brother to use. So I still have my iphone. Take it easy, do everything in moderation. But I'm really determined to take a detox from using the internet (from my laptop) during the HSC. Because I essentially need to study, not have distractions. I'll still have my internet from my iphone so I'm not totally isolating myself. This may be a bad example to others but I work best under pressure, I seem to get the best results from procrastinating.

HSC
Well last night I did about 3-4 without even trying... Just syllabus dot points and some homework took that long! Now I understand why people are saying you will have 3 hours of homework and study to do a day because its so time consuming :) .

Mrkingofstuff

HSC
What are you doing for each 30min sesh? Like are you achieving much?
I'll finish any homework first and if I have any time left or no homework, look at past papers/do multiple choice/write notes for syllabus/do future work etc. I believe that kind of extra general stuff which others have not thought about is a really good way to gain a deeper understanding when it counts. It doesn't feel like I'm really doing a lot but as Spiral said, I'm sure if I somehow manage to keep up the routine for the majority of the year, it will reap rewards.

HSC
0 hours of studying thus far!it's first week so not bothered, i'm still in party mode.and anyway, technically we are still in year 11 until week 3.

Shazer2

HSC
None currently. Just trying to keep on top of homework.

Focus is Key

HSC
2-3 on a normal school afternoon. When I have a 2 hour tutoring or English Extension or whatever I try for 1-2 hours. (closer to 2 usually)

nifkeh

HSC
What do you people think of 4hours+? Overdoing it?
no, for me I get home at 4.30, if I did 4 hours straight from that it would be 8.30 - 4 hours is a lot of time of your night consumed up, but if you're happy with it, continue doing it lol :p

pHyRe

HSC
Does work during free periods or lunch count? Because with that I would probably be doing around 3 a day but with more on weekends to tie up loose ends and revise the week's work if I have time.

c-clumsy

HSC
I'm aiming for 3-4 hours minimum, considering the fact I have 9 study periods a fortnight at school. So there are some days where I have studied an hour and a half at school alone (who doesn't love double study periods? :L). This includes homework, writing notes, writing drafts for my EX2 major, etc.

Oreo4rt

HSC
Yes!!! english takes me so long... I hope i can get to study 30 mins for each subject soon...

btw, do you know what marks you'll need to get for history to get your atar aim? I'm just curious because i'm doing ancient hist O:

ayeplus_

HSC
I've been doing 2-3 hours of studying: completing homework, revising class work, reading over advanced syllabus notes and writing notes.
I'm aiming for over 3+ hours because homework and note taking are quite time consuming.

btw, do you know what marks you'll need to get for history to get your atar aim? I'm just curious because i'm doing ancient hist O:
What is your atar aim?

CaffeineMotor

HSC
I'll finish any homework first and if I have any time left or no homework, look at past papers/do multiple choice/write notes for syllabus/do future work etc. I believe that kind of extra general stuff which others have not thought about is a really good way to gain a deeper understanding when it counts. It doesn't feel like I'm really doing a lot but as Spiral said, I'm sure if I somehow manage to keep up the routine for the majority of the year, it will reap rewards.

It most certainly will add up as you're consistently consolidating your knowledge as well as learning ahead of class etc. Which when done in class reinforces on top of that.
With questions alone you can do well. The guy in my school who came 1st in Bio this year had no notes at all, just spent the entire year doing questions (When it came to exams he pretty much knew most of the questions already).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)