how many hours of study (1 Viewer)

jojosiwa123

HSC
how many hrs of study in a day r u guys currently doing... and how many practice papers so far (or how many do u plan on doing in the next few wks).

jasminerulez

HSC
N/A
I have been studying ~4 hours each day (ik some people might be thinking this is less but i'm not the type that can study for 10 hours a day). In these 4 hours I just go through past papers and adjust notes based on weaknesses

Last edited:

mmmm.

HSC
I do around 7/8, but it can be really draining, so some days i may do 5/6 as a *break* to freshen my mind a little

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
I think studying 10 hrs a day isn't really gonna help much at this point, if you're that far behind you're prob fkd anyway and prob went really bad in trials. Instead of trying to do everything I'm just focusing on weak areas now which helps to make time spent studying more productive. I have studied more than 8 hours a day before for school exams but I don't think that I need to do that anymore (I'm also so bored of studying the same stuff over and over).

For past papers, I've printed heaps so that I have enough but it is not my goal to do every paper have, I'm ok with leaving 5 or so out as long I've covered all my weak spots which I will notice after doing a lot of papers.

beetree1

HSC
I have been studying for 9-10 hours a day since the week after trials. It has been pretty helpful in consolidating my knowledge and skills, especially for Maths as there are an unlimited supply of past papers to do - I have finished all the new syllabus trial papers and am now doing all the HSC papers from 1977+

Contrary to what the above person said, I actually did decent in trials and am just studying more so that I can get perfect scores in the HSC lol. So I guess it all depends on what your goals are.

mmmm.

HSC
I have been studying for 9-10 hours a day since the week after trials. It has been pretty helpful in consolidating my knowledge and skills, especially for Maths as there are an unlimited supply of past papers to do - I have finished all the new syllabus trial papers and am now doing all the HSC papers from 1977+

Contrary to what the above person said, I actually did decent in trials and am just studying more so that I can get perfect scores in the HSC lol. So I guess it all depends on what your goals are.
May i ask what your study schedule is like. Like when you start and finish and do you take any breaks and if so how long, etc.

jojosiwa123

HSC
yea my problem is I studied nothing for trials but still did well...im one of those dumbasses
probably because I did well in the independent schools papers I let it get to my head so 10 hours a day it is for me...

jojosiwa123

HSC
May i ask what your study schedule is like. Like when you start and finish and do you take any breaks and if so how long, etc.
same haha.. I'm assuming you have a really high goal like 99.95, I'm personally trying to scrape by with an 85 lol
I have a question for u beetree- how the heck do you stay focused for that long???? I genuinely can't so any tips would be awesome

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC

What were ur trial marks?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
It all depends on what marks you are aiming for. If you are going for a 90+ ATAR then I would recommend you do at least 1.5 papers per subject per week.

If you are aiming for like a very high ATAR like 99 at that point you really have to be on top of your game and have perfected things so in that case you should be doing at least 2 papers per subject per week, if not more

One way to do this is now your school is finished just treat the school times at home as a time where you study as well. If you want to sleep in more then just push that time back a bit and doing something like that will not over work you but still you will get a good amount of practice in

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Personally when I did HSC I was aiming for a 99.95 at the time so I ended up doing close to 10-12 hours a day. This is not for everyone as you need the ability to be able to just study without getting fatigued, but shows you an example of the lengths some students will be going to, to make sure that they perform well in their exams. In terms of how I stayed focused for that long consistently each day it's all about keep on reminding yourself why you are actually doing this stuff. If you have a goal in mind then you will push yourself and be able to reduce time wasting

Xanthi

HSC
Few days to feel sad after graduation are now passed. So back to full on study- three weeks and no time to waste!

jojosiwa123

HSC
Personally when I did HSC I was aiming for a 99.95 at the time so I ended up doing close to 10-12 hours a day. This is not for everyone as you need the ability to be able to just study without getting fatigued, but shows you an example of the lengths some students will be going to, to make sure that they perform well in their exams. In terms of how I stayed focused for that long consistently each day it's all about keep on reminding yourself why you are actually doing this stuff. If you have a goal in mind then you will push yourself and be able to reduce time wasting
that's actually a good way to put it! I feel like I haven't had a clear goal so maybe I haven't been as motivated... how did you do 10-12 hours though as in did you take breaks, sleep properly etc? did u have a time frame eg 9am to 9pm etc

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
that's actually a good way to put it! I feel like I haven't had a clear goal so maybe I haven't been as motivated... how did you do 10-12 hours though as in did you take breaks, sleep properly etc? did u have a time frame eg 9am to 9pm etc
Yeah slept properly still. No like random 2am studying that's when you end up burning out and not being able to sustain it. I had some breaks to eat and stuff like an hr for lunch and dinner. I don't think I had a specific time frame as I didn't really do like plans and timetables as I didn't find those things useful for me. However, it would just be whenever I woke up then I will start studying

Cascade

HSC
Just adding to this - going to start studying most of the day from tomorrow, I *am* pretty far behind in most of my subjects (mix of mental illness + bad fit for the school system), but 3 weeks is a lot of time if you're motivated. It's not too late at all, if anyone needs to hear that.

jojosiwa123

HSC
Just adding to this - going to start studying most of the day from tomorrow, I *am* pretty far behind in most of my subjects (mix of mental illness + bad fit for the school system), but 3 weeks is a lot of time if you're motivated. It's not too late at all, if anyone needs to hear that.
in the same boat here :(
I'm trying to have that same positive mindset but its hardest so close to the end of hsc... good luck btw!!!!!!!!! omg I need to get tf off BoS and go study hahah

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah I think the number of hours depends on your goals as others have said. I think my planner for the HSC was to do 3 papers per day as study but that failed a lot since it's impossible for me to focus that long every single day, so it ended up being 2 papers per day on average I think.

Good luck for hsc study guys and keep in mind quality is important, not just quantity

beetree1

HSC
I start (now) 6am until 10pm with 1hr breaks for breakfast and lunch and 2 hour breaks for dinner. The rest is just grinding past papers and hating life but whatever there is literally only 20 days left

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)