• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How many openly gay/bi people at your school? (1 Viewer)

How many openly gay/bi people at your school?

Votes: 17 27.9%

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • 2 - 4

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • 10 - 20

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • >20

Votes: 7 11.5%

• Total voters

aud

HSC
Just wondering... I'm gay - and there's not that many people in the school that don't know it... and I'm pretty sure it's spread through the staff... but then again, I've been telling people since the start of Year 10

olay

HSC
go aud :D good on yah. i reckon theres a lot of stigma about it all round this age.. i remember telling my friends my bro was gay and they made this huge deal about it. i was kinda startled by it. mildly pissy too... in a defensive sorta way. as in ... most of them wouldn't believe it. i was like "does it really matter?"

Since you told ppl, did many treat you differently?

/edit: and how did ppl react?

aud

HSC
Thanks Olay... I've had no negativity from anyone in my school - which is very lucky for me - no one's really treated me any differently but I realised that many of them had already assumed I was gay before I told them... and I can understand why :D

Most people really didn't care, and the only difference it makes between my and my friends is that now we can all perv on guys together :D

olay

HSC
Originally posted by aud
Most people really didn't care, and the only difference it makes between my and my friends is that now we can all perv on guys together :D
ROFL my brother is the biggest checkerouterer alive. :p then again, i constantly check out chicks [though i'm "straight"].

i'm glad you don't get any negative attitudes. D: that sorta stuf shets me. :) oh hey, random question! does it get to you when ppl say stuf like "err. thats gay" ?

aud

HSC
Maybe it was the way I walk... or talk... or the fact that I do Textiles and Design (and was first boi to get first place~!)... or that my hair has been at least a dozen different colours in the last 12 months... or that I don't have a single male good friend at school... or that I spent half of Friday with this huge red feather and headband on me that made me look like a showgirl...

*rolls on the floor laughing*

aud

HSC
Originally posted by olay
ROFL my brother is the biggest checkerouterer alive.
Does that mean he checks out heaps or he's good to check out? :p

Nah, there were always intial days where some people would feel strange after saying 'gay' or 'fag' around me after they found out, but I really don't care as long as it's not meant in a really offensive way...

Except when my 9 year old brother uses it - it feels wrong when he says it

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I think we have a few open homosexuals at school but no one cares. Think about it, why care? There is no point to care. "wow, you like boys, you like girls, you're christian, you're buddhist, you're muslim..." no one cares [at my school anyway] because it is irrelevant...
Then again, we discriminate based on marks rather than anything else lol...

aud

HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
I think we have a few open homosexuals at school but no one cares. Think about it, why care? There is no point to care. "wow, you like boys, you like girls, you're christian, you're buddhist, you're muslim..." no one cares [at my school anyway] because it is irrelevant...
Then again, we discriminate based on marks rather than anything else lol...
True true... but when there's a few, the spotlight isn't directly on one person...

Ahh... someone make me write this essay instead of talking... :(

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
As far as I know we have 1 or 2 openly gay people, but then again I dont really know about the other years.

olay

HSC
LoL i mean he's a compulsive checkerouterer. :p his partner is doing well on the whole image revamp though. :p he's becoming more superstylin' by the day. :p

should be interesting to see who eventually comes out [i'll assume its after we finish with school].

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Selective schools should ONLY concentrate on marks and ignore anything else... it's a better thing to concentrate your prejudices on lol...

Meh, anyway, I don't care if people are gay or straight. I like girls, that's enough for me. If someone else likes boys, that's enough for them. If someone doesn't want anyone (celibacy), that's their choice. As long as they don't affect me - that's all I care about.

aud

HSC
Originally posted by olay
LoL i mean he's a compulsive checkerouterer. :p his partner is doing well on the whole image revamp though. :p he's becoming more superstylin' by the day. :p

should be interesting to see who eventually comes out [i'll assume its after we finish with school].
:D He sounds like me... does he spend ages in the bathroom or in front of a mirror too?

My school is so boring though... no one to go out with... :(

aud

HSC
Originally posted by SpoRTsGaL
but aud, u go to a co-ed school, right? cos i reckon the reaction will be different from an all boys school if a guy is gay there.... i dunno, more likely to get bashed or something, less accepted, stuff like that...
True... I have a friend who's gay at Homebush Bois and I know he'd never tell anyone there... but I don't think I could live in an all bois school, just the atmosphere and testosterone levels... ahh... I'm one of those anti-PE, sit in a corner, read and sew bois... can't see myself not with girls around me :D

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by aud
:D :D I suppose... :D :D
Except nerds dont have enough co-ordination to sew, like me :(

aud

HSC
It helps to be a perfectionist - like me :D

Although that made me want to rip me hair out and scream while I was drafting my pattern for this lounge cover I'm making for my MTP cause our lounge is old and saggy and deformed... :(

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by aud
It helps to be a perfectionist - like me :D
I am a perfectionist but hand-eye co-ordination isnt my thing, although I have ok hand-eye co-ord with reflexes ie I will drop sitters but can catch quick things at an average level.

aud

HSC
Originally posted by Xayma
I am a perfectionist but hand-eye co-ordination isnt my thing, although I have ok hand-eye co-ord with reflexes ie I will drop sitters but can catch quick things at an average level.
Lucky you... I also have a 'no catching, no throwing' thing about me :p And no kicking, no running... pretty much anything that I can't do :D

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I dont mind running, since that doesnt involve co-ordination or upper body strength (I have an ok strength:weight ratio though (Ie I can do pushups chinups etc)) and since I need to be able to do a beep test to join the RAAF.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)