How many pages did you write? (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hey harris - i hope you turn into a trollop, join the circus and whilst jerking off and looking at the reflection of your asshole explode and then implode and then explode again

mozzie

HSC
pomo....
17.5 pages creative
20 pages critical...

but must add they were sad sad pages

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
hey harris - i hope you turn into a trollop, join the circus and whilst jerking off and looking at the reflection of your asshole explode and then implode and then explode again
heh, i was gunna tell u to play nice...but then i finished reading his post!
damn...don't be such an arse, there's absolutely no reason for it. personally, im always suspicious of the ones that say "If i'd TRIED of course i could have gotten the top mark. i only didn't get it because i couldn't be bothered to make the effort." sounds to me like you don't really think you went so well as you're telling us you did.

don't you guys think its kinda pointless to count pages? not only do people's handwriting, size of indentation and paragraphs etc. vary immensely, SOME people write more because they take longer to get to the point or are regurgitating stuff they've already said where others are very concise and direct. lets wait until our results come out instead - thats a far better indication of how a person did.

dan2323

silvermoon said:
doesn't make a difference? heres a quote from a senior marker:
Woah i never said i was writing a pre-prepared essay...plus the whole point of the big (stupid) end of year exam is to show how much u know, so theres no value in holding back if u can write a little bit more. If the markers get 'pissed off' then they shouldnt be marking the hsc

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
some ppl prefer to write how many pages though cause it gives them some self esteem

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
i did:
imaginative writing: 8 pages (actually, 7 and 3/4)
essay: 1 booklet, 4 pages and 1 line (12 and a bit?)
and that was at about 10/11 words per line, i know cos i counted when i had a full mental blank, cos i knew it would come up on the BOS site :p haha so iaveraged about 1600 for creative and 2400 for essay... eh i am happy with that.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Haris_J said:
exam wasnt hard at least for my section... it was very fair and you couldnt ask for a nicer question... if i had bothered to study id have gotten that 25/25 for each section... but thats my problem = p ah well

Yes, obviously you could predict the marking guidelines and know that you would have gotten full marks. Considering the unlikelyhood of anyone really getting 50/50 raw mark from here, I wouldnt like your chances.
"If i studied for pdhpe every day then i wouldve gotten 100%"

thats just stupid.

Jase

HSC
omg. I only wrote 600 words for the creative writing. Oh well it's not going to count to my UAI I guess.

Randogz

hmm, i did 16 pages analytical, 12 pages creative. anyone else like the ambiguity of it? (Individual and society) it was just like "write everything you know about individuals in the 19th century" haha what were those crazy cartoons?

LVB

I did 12 and 12...any more and my arm was gonna fall off! What did we all think of those stupid pictures??

idontgetit

HSC
how can you people write thirty pages?!? You must have some big damn writing. Are you double liner or something?
Essay: 9.5
Creative: 6.5

waterfowl

HSC
Texts and ways of thinking
the individual and society:
7 pages for creatove and essay

silvermoon said:
don't you guys think its kinda pointless to count pages? not only do people's handwriting, size of indentation and paragraphs etc. vary immensely, SOME people write more because they take longer to get to the point or are regurgitating stuff they've already said where others are very concise and direct. lets wait until our results come out instead - thats a far better indication of how a person did.
I agree, but thought I'd add my pages anyway :p

laurie_field said:
hence use words not pages ppls! sheesh.
I don't know about everyone else but I'm usually concentrating on my exam rather than trying to work out how many words per line and therfore how many words all together.

laurie_field said:
there are more exams ppls, we're only halfway through
A lot of people are already finished!

LVB

I agree that the amt of pages varies between writing style etc...maybe they're just fast writers?? This girl at my school always beats me because she can write twice as fast...then gets twice as much in! But then again its quality not quantity etc...

we're ext students anyway, the fact we actually SAT that exam proves our intelligence! And wooha its over, our extra work paid off :)

laracroft

ThugAngel said:
To all those gimps out there who claim they wrote 20 pages and stuff like that for the essay, fuck off. It cannae be done so just stop bullshitting. It makes me angry and you look like a lying little bitch. so stop the lies to make yourself feel good.
pft, seriously ppl can write that much...it not just coz its a 'planned' answer. and also some ppl may have spent a little bit more time on one section than another
good on em for writting that much, but yet again it all depends of content not quantity

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)