How many pages worth of notes do you write each lecture? (1 Viewer)

Dystocia

HSC
It depends on the subject/lecturer itself. Some one hour lectures are chock a block full of information whilst some 2 hour lectures could be covered in 30 minutes, for example (a very exaggerated example, nonetheless :p ).

For me it's roughly:

1hr= 2-3pgs
2hr= 4-6pgs
3hr= 6-8pgs (I've taken 8 pages worth of notes once though)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I don't take any lecture notes.

I feel that I learn better by just sitting there and listening with 100% concentration.

Then when I get home, I make notes.

johnys

HSC
N/A
I rarely take any notes, since the required readings are before the lecture anyway if I attend it is just to hear the content again from a different perspective. A lot of people write down 'notes' of dot points, draw diagrams, etc. etc. that are available online with the lecture notes anyway..

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
If it's a content based course like Management probz half a page for 2 hours, but with calculation based subjects (engineering) a lot since you copy down worked examples and shizz.

HSC
The only notes I ever take are on bits of the lecture which I didn't understand properly at the time, then I go home and read up on those.
Or, just writing down worked examples. I usually just sit there, and highlight the lecture notes to emphasise what the lecturer considers to be important for study/exams. I guess it really depends on what you're doing at uni though?

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
No such thing for commerce. Just do your tute questions. Scribble around the lecture slides occasionally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)