How many quotes? (1 Viewer)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
kloudsurfer said:
You are definetly not limited to a low band answer.

The purpose of the historiography is to support your own ideas. It is more important that you present your ideas - historiography is just a way to expand on them. Its better to use your own ideas without historiography than just using historians ideas.

Anyway, yes, historiography does show a level of sophistication and understanding, but l and you wont be 'marked down' for not having it. You can still get band 6 marks with no historiography (forgot all of mine for Russia and somehow got 24 in the trials!), im not sure if you can get 25/25 though?

Cem?

I think that many of you are assuming that historiography can only be shown throught the use of precise historians names and direct quotes but...

If you can clearly show an understanding of the different interpretations of an issue i.e. the arguments for and against the Holocaust without naming or quoting anyone then you are showing what the syllabus requires.

This is the description of the top band for the 25 mark essay questions marking guideline from the 2006 paper (and with a minor change may be slightly different this year but I doubt it as it hasn't changed for 2 or 3 years now). Note that there is NO mention specifically of historiography but it does say that you need to refer to 'detailed, relevant and accurate historical information'. This means showing the different interpretations or sides of the argument without necessarily needing quotes and names of historians. They are useful but not absolutely necessary.

Addresses the question asked with a sophisticated and sustained argument, which demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the issue(s) raised in the question
Presents a logical, coherent and well-structured response drawing on a clear identification of relevant key features of the period
Supports interpretation with detailed, relevant and accurate historical information and makes use of appropriate terms and concepts
21–25

mzduxx2006

HSC
mc88 said:
What would you say would be the minimum amount of quotes that you'd need per essay, and do these quotes have to be from historians or can they be from people actually involved?
i usually use about 1-2 historian quotes. and possibly 2-3 quotes of people actually there.

not so much for germany and leni but for the pacific i use lots.

remember quotes are only sposed to bak up what ur saying. they shouldnt be the basis of ur discussion.

key dates help aswell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)