Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One (1) as the question asked

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than one (>1) related text

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
HSC
Uni Grad
I played over 100 hours cod4 these hols but um shh.

I TAKE HSC VERY SERIOUSLY K!

HSC
My bad on the grammer. SHould read like this:
Seriously, no offence to those who wrote 2. Unlucky on your part. But I had to work hard to cut out one ORT it tied in really well with the other one. So i will be so annoyed if they let it slide cause my essay would have been much better with 2 ORT's.

Does anyone know what will happen?
I left half my grammer skills in examination room

HSC
Not to be slack or anything but I hope people who did only one related text will have an advantage over those who didn't. Or maybe just don't consider the second text of the others.

I mean people like me actually sacrificed some of our good related text material. It would be unfair if they simply accepted two? :eek:
Yeah same. I would have had a better essay with 2 texts

Nikkay75

Flashbackk
HSC
I had prepared three piece of additional material and it wasn't hard to adapt to only use one. I was stoked to see this because I knew this would happen, those who had a prepared essay would struggled to adapt.

bmn

HSC
I was tossing up between 1 and 2...

Then the person next to me asked the head supervisor, and she said only do 1 (would they even be allowed to answer that?). Anyway, I only done 1.

ashllis92

HSC
I was talking to my English teacher about it and he said that since people could write far better essays with two texts they were testing our writing and synthesising skills. He rekons that people who used more than two weren't showing these skills as much and weren't obeying the instructions so they would have a hard time getting 11/15... it's a shame for them but I guess they brought it on themselves...

madsam

God among men
HSC
Did two texts, wrote 11 pages, hopefully i've got enough stuff in there to get A range

and to be fair it did say "ONLY one"
it said "ONE"

and yes, while it is in capitals, there isnt AS much emphasis on it as there could have been, so i reckon if you did them well enough, synthesized everything and followed the rubric you'll be sweet

pman

Banned
HSC
It did not say "at least ONE" which is what they normally say when ur allowed to use more

jassono

HSC
We were all told to go through the paper before hand and check for any missing pages
And when we 'checked' to see if the last question was there, everyone just collectively yelled out "What??! One related-Shitt"
I also think the point was to stop memorised essays-and its a good thing cos your related text will be analysed in greater depth, hopefully

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Did two texts, wrote 11 pages, hopefully i've got enough stuff in there to get A range

and to be fair it did say "ONLY one"
it said "ONE"

and yes, while it is in capitals, there isnt AS much emphasis on it as there could have been, so i reckon if you did them well enough, synthesized everything and followed the rubric you'll be sweet
"Demonstrate how your prescribed text and ONE other related text of your own choosing represent this interpretation of belonging"

Err, not sure how you can twist that to make it sound like two. In any way. Ever.

HSC
Uni Grad
25%+, we're a sad bunch...as stupid as I feel, so much better to know lotsa people did it too.

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
I was talking to my English teacher about it and he said that since people could write far better essays with two texts they were testing our writing and synthesising skills. He rekons that people who used more than two weren't showing these skills as much and weren't obeying the instructions so they would have a hard time getting 11/15... it's a shame for them but I guess they brought it on themselves...
Synthesizing skills? You don't need skills to integrate two texts : Text a Text b Text a Text b etc, repeat, Profit.

jellybelly59

HSC
it's ridiculous how people are arguing that it's part of the syllabus... yes wherever you find it in the syllabus they may say that you must have related text even 2 for that amount but i sincerely doubt the syllabus stated you must have 2 in your exam
As for losing marks - MAYBE - why? because MAYBE the marker might decide to not read your second related text which might cause a lack of cohesiveness in your response resulting in a lower mark

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
it's ridiculous how people are arguing that it's part of the syllabus... yes wherever you find it in the syllabus they may say that you must have related text even 2 for that amount but i sincerely doubt the syllabus stated you must have 2 in your exam
As for losing marks - MAYBE - why? because MAYBE the marker might decide to not read your second related text which might cause a lack of cohesiveness in your response resulting in a lower mark
+1. Plus the question specifically said ONE. I don't think it's fair for people who actually did one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)