How many subjects do u hv tuition? (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
sonyaleeisapixi said:
nothing. i always saw tutors for students who have difficulty, and i dont have difficulties that cant be sorted with some persistent questioning.
It does not work like that. I know tonnes of people who attained UAI over 99 due to all the benefits they received from tutors + their natural talents + their efforts.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Aplus said:
Many students attend tutoring because they want to have accelerated learning and be ahead all the time.
mmm yeah that's what I'm doing with Maths and Japanese.

selablad

HSC
Aplus said:
Many students attend tutoring because they want to have accelerated learning and be ahead all the time.
That's like me but I don't go to tutoring, I just work ahead by myself whenever I feel bored...I couldn't do it at tutoring because then I would *have* to do the work...and all the fun would go out of it :(

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Continuum said:
I'm scared of most of my teachers. :)
me too. :( I think they really really hate me... must be my attitude in class.

I have a tutor for 4U math. :D

loz8888

HSC
im sure they dont hate you, dont worry. i dont no them but im guessing they'd probably be more than happy to help u w anything

i get tutoring for maths/bio

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
coeyz said:
I have a eng tutor but i dun find it reli useful, since she can just improve my assignments but not my eng skills, i always screwed in exam that is "cant prepared" .. :uhoh: actually eng is reli hard to tutor,,as the knowledge u hv to accumulate by urself over a long period.. but anyone hv a good eng tutor that u think is very helpful?

I also want a chemistry tutor, anyone hv a recommendation?
im living in northshore area,
its great if u hv any information,
my msn is coeyzz@hotmail.com
thanks a lot
I could tutor you in english skills + exam prep but I live way out of your area.
If your tutor is only improving your assignments and not teaching you exam prep etc, you perhaps need a new one. Or take up the slack yourself and ask your teacher what you can do to improve.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
my teachers give me death stares. They seriously stop talking all of a sudden ... stare at me for half a minute ... and I try to look like i'm doing something because their stare is really scary, like they want to rip my head off ... then they continue giving their lecture. :(

I've learnt physics and chemistry ahead of school through my own effort, but sometimes it's easier to have someone explain something in math to you instead of trying to decipher weird mathematical notations that arn't arranged very well. (e.g Cambridge 4U). :D

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
foram said:
my teachers give me death stares. They seriously stop talking all of a sudden ... stare at me for half a minute ... and I try to look like i'm doing something because their stare is really scary, like they want to rip my head off ... then they continue giving their lecture. :(
hahaha that must be a little disconcerting.

HSC
eliseliselise said:
i intentionally didnt pick subjects that i would require tutoring for [like textiles, art, histories... things im naturally dumb at]
Conversely, if I had done Chem/Physics/harder Maths I would have needed tutoring just to scrape by. I don't do any tutoring, I've never considered it at all - I'm not struggling nor am I motivated enough to get ahead.

Working to your strengths is the best way to pick subjects (unless you need to meet prerequisites for uni courses).

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
You're doing 4U Math already? YIKES!
I think he needs a tutor to keep his ego in check.

Pink Oni

HSC
I have... NO TUTORS Bwohahahaha!

That'll explain my low to high 80s xD (70s in maths :()

H4rdc0r3

HSC
just have a tutor for maths. not really learning much, its just making me do work that I wouldn't do at home. seeeeeeef tutorzor

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
lyounamu said:
It does not work like that. I know tonnes of people who attained UAI over 99 due to all the benefits they received from tutors + their natural talents + their efforts.
i realise this. but thats just how ive always seen it. i dont need the help and i dont see the value of the advantage so i dont use the service.
im not going to pay upwards of 80$ for a subject i already ace.

L

lsam

sonyaleeisapixi said:
i realise this. but thats just how ive always seen it. i dont need the help and i dont see the value of the advantage so i dont use the service.
im not going to pay upwards of 80$ for a subject i already ace.
$80!!! No way! How much do people pay for tutoring these days? The maximum I would pay is like $50.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
lsam said:
$80!!! No way! How much do people pay for tutoring these days? The maximum I would pay is like $50.
well im just taking that from what my friend pays for chem tutoring in a regional area.
not much competetive business around here, that might be why

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I pay $20 for 2 hours for Maths - $40 for 3 and a half hours for both Physics and Chem.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
I pay $20 for 2 hours for Maths - $40 for 3 and a half hours for both Physics and Chem.
... Nice prices.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
lsam said:
One vs one?
Nah, none of them are 1 on 1. But I prefer a classroom environment, as, in my opinion, I learn better off other students. It lets me push myself, and see how other students from other schools are faring. That being said, classes aren't huge - there are about 15 students.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)