• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How many units are you doing?? (1 Viewer)

the Harlequin

HSC
12 units for year 12 but i'm just about to drop english extension2 because I don't have time for it.
Last year I did 15 units

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC

anyone know if its possible for one unit each of two subjects to count? or is that just for one unit extensions?

if you decide to drop, make sure you use your spare time productively...can be a massive advantage if you do i imagine; im so envious of others who have free periods...:eek:

Hysterik

HSC
11 units, I get 12 free periods a week. I love what I do. :)

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
carrots please! said:

anyone know if its possible for one unit each of two subjects to count? or is that just for one unit extensions?
yes, each subject including 2 units is broken down to a mark out of 50 and is viewed as one unit.

for example if you were doing 11 units and your extension was your best, you weakest 2 unit subject would only count as one unit.

:)

jellicott

HSC
8 and loving it, did german last year but now i am getting reaaaaal lazy

P

Pimpcess.Snaz

10- absolutely loving it. i like to see it as having only 3 subjects, english, maths and science :D

but really i've got 5 - adv english, 3 unit maths, 4 unit maths, chem and bio :(

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
risole91 said:
yes, each subject including 2 units is broken down to a mark out of 50 and is viewed as one unit.

for example if you were doing 11 units and your extension was your best, you weakest 2 unit subject would only count as one unit.

:)
so could it ever be the case that half of my bio and half of my french counted; as in
2 english
2 drama
2 business studies
2 maths
1 french
1 biology

hm doesn't seem right?

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
that is such a moronic hypothetical. THINK ABOUT IT. why would they need to count one unit of bio and one unit of french? they take your best 10 units, so if (after scaling) your bio mark trumps your french mark they'll take the two units of bio, because one unit of bio would be worth more than one unit of french. why on earth would they ever, ever need to split it?

Last edited:

wen11

HSC
how can u do 16??
i'm currently doing 14

4u math, ESL, IBS, Chemistry, Physics, Economics

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
If you are good at all your subjects (say you had 13 units) would you still drop 2 unit value subject just for the sake of other subjects?

My friend dropped 2 unit value subject last year but he came first in all the subjects he did except Chemistry where he came 2nd. He told me that he feels good and insecure at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)