How many units are you doing? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm currently doing 12 units and absolutely hating it, I would love to drop down to ten (especially as General math is scaled down) to work on my other subjects..
Although I've been highly advised not to. How many are you doing? Any advice/opinions?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If you hate 12, drop down. Heaps of people do perfectly fine with 10.

jamesfirst

HSC

I was going to drop Music but suddenly I am inspired to play for Performance in the HSC

SO yeah.... I would drop it but doesn't hurt to have a back up :)

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
I'm currently doing 13, but I'm not too concerned about it. I love the subjects I'm currently doing and at present feel no inclination to drop down at all. I'm coping well in terms of workload, staying organized and focused is the key. n_n

If I was you, I'd be trying hard to convince your school that it is in your best academic interests to drop a subject to allow more intensive focus in your other 10 units. It's a difficult process to convince the school, discuss it with a few teachers (they can help later on in the dropping process) and maybe talk to a careers advisor. All I know is that once you're in this mind set it is awfully difficult to get out of thinking that it's pointless to go on.

Good luck with your decision, I really hope everything works out for you. n_n

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I do 12 yet the only reason I haven't dropped down to 10 is because I find Music 1 fun. I'm not doing it for the marks (however it helps if I get a good one :D), I'm doing it because it's a relaxing subject that I can have fun in.

The only right amount of units is the amount that you want to do.

kaitmaree77

HSC
N/A
12 in total, but only 10 this year thanks to finishing Ancient last year.

mioumiou

HSC
I do 12 unit, I'm thinking of dropping down to 10 units after my half yearly but i might keep it if i do well in my subjects.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing 11 units atm. I will do 10 units next week, dropping EE1.

Squishxmishyx

Olive You.
HSC
Doing 13. Deciding whether to drop Ext Maths or not.

Drop it if you're not going to put work on it?

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
I'm doing 12 units of subjects, but I'm currently doing 10 units of work, because I accelerated in 3u maths :p

determine

Premium Member
HSC
Just - do - whatever - you - are - more - comfortable - with. I did 10 units and did perfectly fine, even with my lower scaling subjects. So you'll be FINE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)