How many words have you done? (1 Viewer)

mayhemily

HSC
wowww you people that have finished or are almost finished must be feeling really good right now! I've done about 1600 words, 1000 being my first, very short story. My trouble is that I think of a brilliant idea and end up planning most of it out before writing it so it ends very quickly because I know exactly how i'm ending it so it gets subconsciously drawn towards that and then... well then I have 1000 word stories. Does anyone else have this problem?

chemicalace

lol well that was unexpected, good on you :-D ive done 3500 but it seems like ive reworked it so many times, that part is virtually finished. does anyone else have the problem that they just cant go through all the way and the go back and edit? i cant do it, i have to keep going over it again and again... my teachers are happy tho which is good :D

*Flutterby*

well im getting it all done now caws this is due the same day that i have my hsc drama. thank god its all before my bday or id cry lol.

shoo

original post: ive done 3500 but it seems like ive reworked it so many times, that part is virtually finished. does anyone else have the problem that they just cant go through all the way and the go back and edit? i cant do it, i have to keep going over it again and again...

i soo have this problem. i'm a perfectionist and if it isn't up to scratch then i feel like the rest of it will be shite so i can't move forward..but i must say i now have 8050 words. so proud- have no idea how pathetic it actually is but at least i have something to hand in for my viva voce today. lol

Last edited:

co+ca

Originally posted by shoo
well, my teacher has basically screwed me over and (because shes the deputy principal as well) has been forcing me to write this bullshit that i dont want to be writing...until a few days ago i ahd about 4000 words written, now, after i realised i had no themes and that my story was shitall, im back at square one...i hope my misery gives you great pleasure...do u reckon theres still a chance for ppl like me who are starting ova to still get good marks?
for sure, as long as you work hard, if you dont like your story no one else will! your story will be a million times better if your happy with it :D

co+ca

well ive finished my first draft - 6583 words...i think thats pretty good but im planning on completely re writing the opening, so thats gonna eat up all my left over word limit! i also sorta dont have nay themes that run through the story as of yet....im a little bit screwed but happy that the first part is over! just had my viva voce- 8 outta 10...gotta be happy with that i spose?

one_second

I have my viva voce tomorrow. As for word limit, that was actually the one thing I was worried about. I'm way over at around 10,000... My main problem is having to cut down the length which is killing me at the moment...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Blay
I wish you guys didn't have a word limit =\ i read my friends 57k version and damn... it's a kickass story. I reckon it hampens your ability to tell how your story's meant to be told.
i tend to disagree, the skill in writing a "short" story, is writing within the guidelines, and 57K ? geez thats not a short story...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)