How much did Yr 12 2002 Study during their December/January Holidays (2001)? (1 Viewer)

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Hey All.

I am a member of Yr 12 Class of 2003. I was just wondering how much those who just completed the 2002 HSC studied during their December/January 2001 Holidays and for current yr 12's (2003) how much they have studied these holidays or how much they plan to study.

schwang_thang

i did wat i had 2 do (mainly assigned stuff)

my chem assessment n an english assessment
i read our eng. novel (my place - hated it)
n wrote chem notes

thats abt it i guess, try 2 enjoy ur holz :D

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
hmm...I had to do a whole chapter of 3U/2U maths during the holidays, so that kept me busy

plus I think I had to read My Place or 1984 for english

but in terms of study - zero

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I did none. Literally-none. And I remember I had a huge assmessment task due Friday the first week back, so that wasn't the wisest move...;)

Ozz^E

Well, frankly i think you should study in the holidays...an hr or two wont hurt. I couldnt though last yr...was on holiday. But i only did three subs in yr 12 (well 4 if u count doin eng adv again) but that didnt take up much time. So yea...use ur time wisely...Work, rest and play.

Ps ohh...and dont forget to watch the cricket...esp the world cup.

:D ;)

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
i posted this in the thread referenced above:

------
i finished year 12 this year.

i was trekking in chile for the second half of the summer hols 2001-02, so didn't study then, except i took an english text to read on the plane and during airport waits. when i was at home, i didn't do much organised study. looked at a bit of maths, read half my english texts, did all the holiday homework, and though about ideas for my art major work.

i suppose at that stage the reality of the HSC hadn't hit me. studying properly hadn't really crossed my mind. and i'm sort of glad it hadn't -- i had a nice relaxing holiday.
------

even the topic of this thread: " How much did Yr 12 2002 Study during their December/January Holidays (2001)?"

note highlights: it's a holiday. a summer holiday. go to the beach or something.

(but, reading english texts is an easy start... :D)

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Really... enjoy your holiday for 22 hourse a day, and spend one on your english text and one on notes that you've done or will be doing shortly.

edit: of course, unless you go to a real competitive school or need 90-something plus uai... then study a bit more.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I did absolutely no study during the x mas holiidays. Enjoy the hols while you have them, cause u won't have anymore until you have finished yr 12.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
i was too lazy to go to school on the last days, so i missed out on all my english texts ...

anyway ... a year ago, this time was my most productive time ... i finished the mathematics and mathematics ext one course ... which meant i could sit back in class and do ext two while the rest of the class finished off the non-ext two bits and pieces ...

Fi

I finished most of my assessments during the xmas hols. Spend alot of time organising ur things.............folders, plastic envelopes etc, paint some motivational posters......all to get u ready for the next 9 months or so.

Dan_the_man

Originally posted by natstar
Yeah thats good. All you year 12 2003 ppl, i advise you to get a good organisational system ready, cuz if your skool is anything like mine, you get tones and tons of sheets. You need to really keep them in order.
That is so true

pri

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by natstar

Do the assessment tasks and get them out of the way. Thats what i was doing in the summer holidays, so you wouldent have to worry about them. Leave the study until you have finished them. Assessments tasks contribute to your HSC mark so its important that they are good.
can they ever be bumped up say if u totally fucked up the first but then in all the rest did really well, would u be affected by the first initial screwed up asessment?

I totally screwed up a 3u maths assesment worth 20% of assessment marks, have I just lost all chances of getting 100 UAi cos of that? I go to a sadistic school that put a heap of assessments on the last week of school

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by pri

can they ever be bumped up say if u totally fucked up the first but then in all the rest did really well, would u be affected by the first initial screwed up asessment?

I totally screwed up a 3u maths assesment worth 20% of assessment marks, have I just lost all chances of getting 100 UAi cos of that? I go to a sadistic school that put a heap of assessments on the last week of school
I know a girl who flunked her 3u trials and still ended up doing really well (99.25). Don't think it'll screw up your chances of getting 100...

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by pri

I flunked my 4U half yearlys, 30% of marks, ended up with mark of 92 and UAI of 99.85.

pri

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by InfiniteQ

I know a girl who flunked her 3u trials and still ended up doing really well (99.25). Don't think it'll screw up your chances of getting 100...
thanks for the encouragement!

*pri feels happy knowing that all is not lost*

Rahul

Dead Member
i am part of the yr 12 of 03....and i have been doin no work at all!!!!

i am planning things out but not really doing anything

and these holiiz r goin so fast....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)