How much did Yr 12 2002 Study during their December/January Holidays (2001)? (1 Viewer)

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
i am part of the yr 12 of 03....and i have been doin no work at all!!!!

i am planning things out but not really doing anything

and these holiiz r goin so fast....
I know! Tell me about it... one week's already gone and I haven't done anything. Mum was just telling me about how I've done no maths what so ever.

Rahul

Dead Member
yeh and plus i have to go away for a week to a do a uni course!!!! hehehe:D which is cool but i will miss out on even more tym to study....not that i have been doin any.

i have to do some catching up too.....i am feeling some pressure already!

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Now if I can remember that far back...

I did no work, cause holidays are for sleeping. Lots of 4am mornings, lots of going out - it's not worth stressing about whenit hasn't started yet :p

Besides, I didn't have a clue what I wanted to do during those holidays, so I would have been aiming for the wrong thing.

Oh, I remember deciding I was going to do Linguistics, and I'm going for Comp Sci now. ;)

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
I studied a lot...I was motivated because I did cosmology this year, and receiving the course pack at the end of december really made me wake up to the fact that there was a hell of a lot to be done, probably because there it was, all 1000 pages of it, sitting in front of me.

I've never found making myself study difficult because I tend not to study in a monotonous way...my advice would be to use your holidays, while everything is still new and fresh, to get to know your courses and familiarise yourself with the content...I think that too much of the HSC is trying to tick off dot points and coming up with 'what the examiners want' close to the exams, rather than enjoying the subjects you chose for their content.

So, try to do that these holidays, if you can.

pri

HSC
N/A
yeh and plus i have to go away for a week to a do a uni course!!!! hehehe:D which is cool but i will miss out on even more tym to study....not that i have been doin any.

i have to do some catching up too.....i am feeling some pressure already!
lol i have a 2 week uni course starting monday ! really really bad, but on the bright side I could prob study at fisher library

parents (actually more my mother) keeps nagging me to wake up early and study for the whole day

pffft!!!!

Rahul

Dead Member
exactly the same wid me.....my mum is constantly telling me to get up an study, espescially in the mornings!!!!

and i have also been considering goin to d library to study....same as u.......its th only place where i can do nofin but study!

.....this is freakin me out......

Pretz

calm down you two. i bludged through terms 4, 1 and 2, and still did pretty well. ah but wait, maybe you guys aren't as naturally brilliant as me. better keep up with that study :p

pri

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Pretz
calm down you two. i bludged through terms 4, 1 and 2, and still did pretty well. ah but wait, maybe you guys aren't as naturally brilliant as me. better keep up with that study :p
lol no maybe Im not as naturally brilliant as you

ive got 2 major works to do and parents with very very high standards

typical conversation with parents

"you kno we give you everything you want and we really dont expect much in return"

dad says quietly

"just get 99 in the HSC!"

GRRR

n e 1 else feel the pressure

and on top of that soooo many family friends get over 95, 99+ infact and then my parents compare me to them and how they studied 5 hours a day, never went out or watched TV !!

pri

HSC
N/A
exactly the same wid me.....my mum is constantly telling me to get up an study, espescially in the mornings!!!!

and i have also been considering goin to d library to study....same as u.......its th only place where i can do nofin but study!

.....this is freakin me out......
what course r u doing?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
and on top of that soooo many family friends get over 95, 99+ infact and then my parents compare me to them and how they studied 5 hours a day, never went out or watched TV !!
exact same thing for me as well and plus not only 99+ but medicine, thats the only course that exists for them.

pri

HSC
N/A
lol i can see y ur nick is freaking_out then!

pri

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out

far out is it that hard... medicine ofcourse i mean you can tell from the guys posts.
pardon my stupidity oh wise one

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by pri

lol no maybe Im not as naturally brilliant as you

ive got 2 major works to do and parents with very very high standards

typical conversation with parents

"you kno we give you everything you want and we really dont expect much in return"

dad says quietly

"just get 99 in the HSC!"

GRRR

n e 1 else feel the pressure

Haha omg my parents do the saaame thing. They think that I should stay in my room 24/7 so I'll get 99+. Mum's always like "I don't care how you do it but I want 99.5"
Your parents sound like typical Indians especially with the whole "family friends" thing. There's a lot of comparison going on in Indian communities.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
If all else fails, lock yourself in your room with a chainsaw and start breaking walls.

(Buy one, get one free! :chainsaw: )

Seriously, your parents should know you need space :p Do it at your pace, if you can trust yourself to keep focussed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)