How much did Yr 12 2002 Study during their December/January Holidays (2001)? (1 Viewer)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Tenax Propositi
pri and infinite, I totally get what you mean about feeling the pressure to perform well and the comparison in Indian communities. In reality that doesn't really affect me because I choose not to let it, but being first generation Australians, you feel like you really NEED to do well to make something of yourself here and that that personal motivation conflicts with the pressure around you that you for the most part create. It's a vicious thing, isn't it?
being asian in general means you are 'expected' to perform well ... regardless ...:(

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by flyin'

being asian in general means you are 'expected' to perform well ... regardless ...:(
hey thats true to a certain degree
btw i'm asian;)

Shocker_85

Originally posted by Killah33
Advice: Keep the Christmas Holidays as a good memory, not a study memory.

I did NOTHING in the Christmas Holidays. Relax, break, you cant study all the time, thats ridiculous!!

In case you're wondering if i stuffed up my HSC because of not doing this work in the XMas holidays, i didnt (99.95)

Studying excessively will DETRACT marks, not add to them - remember that!Study just enough while maintaining a really good balance...Keep the XMas study-free!
May be u go went a school where there are excellent teachers...
but at my school...my chem teacher, he teaches but we have to teach ourselves or do at tuotoring and my Physics teacher....he doesnt even know wat he's doing...i teach Physics 2 myself so it takes a lot of time...so i think i have 2 do a bit of work b4 the holidays end...:(

Shocker_85

In reality that doesn't really affect me because I choose not to let it, but being first generation Australians, you feel like you really NEED to do well to make something of yourself here and that that personal motivation conflicts with the pressure around you that you for the most part create.

I agree...

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
btw, r both of u currently studying in yr 12? if so, what schools do you go to and what subjects are you doing?
Hi :)

I go to Crestwood High & I'm doing:

4 maths, 3 english, eco & sdd

what subj & what school did you go to?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Shocker_85

May be u go went a school where there are excellent teachers...
but at my school...my chem teacher, he teaches but we have to teach ourselves or do at tuotoring and my Physics teacher....he doesnt even know wat he's doing...i teach Physics 2 myself so it takes a lot of time...so i think i have 2 do a bit of work b4 the holidays end...:(
yeah... me too i needed to work this holidays coz of my teachers, take for example my sdd teacher, i am absolutely convinced (after one year of having her) that she was dropped on her head after she got her qualification!!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
this is the best time to get ahead of your peers and secure good assessment marks ... as well as to get your engines running ...

PappaSmurf

Originally posted by freaking_out

yeah... me too i needed to work this holidays coz of my teachers, take for example my sdd teacher, i am absolutely convinced (after one year of having her) that she was dropped on her head after she got her qualification!!
I have a theory that all SDD teachers get dropped on their heads multiple times as part of the training process.

Something like a mass-head-dropping-day :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)