How much do investment bankers earn?? (1 Viewer)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
start a business instead

if you're smart & hard-working enough to be an IB at a top bank then you'll probably have a good chance of earning comparable amounts of money (not straight away of course)

and the fact that you're working your arse off towards something that you own and that you have built will be infinitely more satisfying than the additional IB salary you could be making ever will be

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
But how long did it take you to get to work? I think it would get annoying over time if you're working till 2am everyday and still have to travel home a fair distance if you lived far away.
Back then, 30 minutes in the morning by bus. 10 minutes by taxi at night. In my office I think only one person lived in the CBD. Everyone else lived inner city. These days I drive in to the CBD and try to avoid the morning rush and leave around 9:30 so it takes around 20 minutes including parking.

Everything you do today may have significance in the future. Does it yield any tangible benefits? Could just be a talking point over dinner, but maybe it's part and parcel of the image you build that gets one more person to give you some more capital to invest.

wndid

HSC
Anyone know the salary figures for corporate finance in aus? obviously expecting it to be much less then M&A

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Investment bankers, despite the attractive salary, in most cases, do not have commensurate savings. It takes a certain amount of expenditure to maintain such a lifestyle, especially with respect to maintaining kudos within the workplace and being part of the group. Call it peer pressure. These guys can go out one night, and blow $2k on drinks and stuff.

Play hard, party hard.

lordfraction

HSC
Uni Grad
Investment bankers, despite the attractive salary, in most cases, do not have commensurate savings. It takes a certain amount of expenditure to maintain such a lifestyle, especially with respect to maintaining kudos within the workplace and being part of the group. Call it peer pressure. These guys can go out one night, and blow $2k on drinks and stuff.

Play hard, party hard.
I saw that the average wage for an Investment banker is 100k which is on par with an accountant.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm, maybe that makes me think about , do I really wanna major in IB....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)