How much do you pay per week for your Fitness First Membership? [rip off] (1 Viewer)

inasero

Reborn
HSC
yeah i agree they're really unethical in their practices, but what can you do? i think it's alright if you don't let them convince you with their bullshit offers e.g. "$30.95 fortnightly membership today only" and read through each and every single line of fine print carefully

quik.

HSC
inasero said:
yeah i agree they're really unethical in their practices, but what can you do? i think it's alright if you don't let them convince you with their bullshit offers e.g. "$30.95 fortnightly membership today only" and read through each and every single line of fine print carefully
You can vote with your wallet. The only reason they are still in business is because people continue to give them money.

Skeeta

HSC
markzada said:
Catholic Club Gym in the city (Castlereigh St). Everything you need - weights/cardio/pool/sauna/squash courts/showers/water bubbler lol etc. Recently refurbished the place so its fkn hawt. Relatively new/high quality equipment.

$10 a week.

Very quiet with minimal try hards.

P.S.: U dont have to be catholic to join lol.
P.S.S.: Very few hot girls. EDIT: Very few girls at all. (if thats wat u go gym for).
I've been to that gym, it is very very nice

1harkina

HSC
Collin said:
If you talk like you type, then I'd slap the joining fee on you too.
Haha i really dont talk like that I was reading it lol and I did seem like a bit of a bogan, they just annoy me so much:eek:

SipSip

HSC
N/A
inasero said:
woah which line of work are you in?!
Work in finance, although instead of the trading side, work in the ratings and advising component of Finance.

Yeah...I've been very lucky to be able to land this, they offer benefits for gym and also a yearly 1000$ lifestyle benefit which lets u buy wat u want...that is of course excluding any bonus that I might be able to get my hands on...

Fitness first does a 5$/wk off referrers discount now, if you know the guy well, you could split the discount,..

bjornzzz

HSC
i'm paying $60 a month, or $29.95 a fortnight.. I just went in and told them i do not want to pay more than $60 a month.. and this is for the Gold membership.. but i had to pay the $70 joining fee..

NinjaSauce

HSC
bjornzzz,

You're a genius.

I keep forgeting the sales people are typically desperate, and will take a 50% over none.

I am definately going to try this.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
went in to ff randwick today and they say the two week offer is only valid when you take out a starter pack membership- what a bunch of bull@#%&! nowhere in the T&C (http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/b/menshealth/2830/fitness-first-offerterms-and-conditions) does it state anything along those lines, and they're probably using it as some kind of weak excuse to get people to sign up and steal their money when they forget to "cancel" their membership, i was pretty annoyed...

but i've already been at FF for 6 weeks through various promotions without ever being a member the last laugh's on them :lol:

guys if you're trying to redeem the mens health offer print out a copy of the T&C so you can show the b@$%!-ass membership "consultant" (read, bloodthirsty leech) their place when they try to weasel you into signing a contract and let them know your rights.

NinjaSauce

HSC
I'm using that right now.

you have to give over to original money, but if you cancel before the end, you get it back....

Which is exactly what i intend to do :)

They will give/offer you a 'comfort card' signed by the gym manager. MAKE SURE THEY CROSS OUT A SECTION WHICH SAYS (in relation to money back) "You do not get your admin fee back". I said thats not really free, and what gives? So i got the club manager to cross it out, and sign next to it.

So.. You loose around $70 to start, but you should get it back.

After this two weeks, i also have another free 2 week thing I'll use. After this 4 weeks total, Uni starts! And I'll use a different gym.

One thing i'll say right now: Fitness first atmosphere sucks. Its guidos and bench+curl clubs. Though, i typically get a the squat rack!
Oh, and the music videos/music in general is appalling.

http://fitnessfirstsucks.com/

inasero

Reborn
HSC
they shouldn't have gotten you to sign up in the first place, it's bloody disgraceful...by the way what's a guido? :p

yeah the music is pretty bad, have you noticed how teh dance music almost all the time seems to have half nude dancers? haha i wonder why that is

- L1n -

HSC
Hhahahha yeh FF is pretty shameful,

I went into the cancellation interview today, told the lady i wanna quit.

She offered me a student membership, i said no.

and somehow the conversation turned into i was threatening her to either drop the price or i'll leave. LOL i guess she did'nt have anymore arguments.

Last edited:

Collin

HSC
N/A
- L1n - said:
Hhahahha yeh FF is pretty shameful,

I went into the cancellation interview today, told the lady i wanna quit.

She offered me a student membership, i said no.

and somehow the conversation turned into i was threatening her to either drop the price or i'll leave. LOL i guess she did'nt have anymore arguments.
Dee Why? Mona Vale?

- L1n -

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
if you guys are paying more than $50 a month you are being ripped off!!!

my cousin was offered $50 a month with no joining fee just the admin fee which is about $60 - oh yeah and this was for the gold membership (the membership which allows you to use any FF in Aus. and some in the world)

im paying a little bit more than that but if my cousin joins i get $5 off per month so i guess im not that pissed off that im paying a little more

Care to tell us which fitness first

Nat3skiz

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
if you guys are paying more than $50 a month you are being ripped off!!!

my cousin was offered $50 a month with no joining fee just the admin fee which is about $60 - oh yeah and this was for the gold membership (the membership which allows you to use any FF in Aus. and some in the world)

im paying a little bit more than that but if my cousin joins i get $5 off per month so i guess im not that pissed off that im paying a little more
but you're being ripped off.

catherinet

HSC
Make a friend join.
You will get $5/month off your membership!!

ekdownie

eating/procrastinating
HSC
man fitness first is so stuffed over. Is so over-rated. Like you would be expected to spend that much money PER MONTH on a gym membership. How often do you get to go to the gym?? i love my gym, though it is only a small branch but it is great they do heaps of stuff AND the best thing is they give discounts and stuff to students. Im on a student membership, i payed $90 joining fee and i only have to pay $20 a fortnight, unlimited to all classes, rooms, equipment etc.
Another big over-rated gym is that stupid aquafit place, my poor friend joned and she is 17, living by herself but she can only swim in the freaking pool with'parental permission' and it was only a couple of months ago that she turned 17 that she could even attend the gym without her mum.......i understand they are just covering their arses for accidents and compensation etc. BUT STILL..cummon we pay a stack, we should have some freedom with when and who we workout with. To be honest its gay. kthnx (Y)
but yeh, i would join up to a uni gym. that would be heaps easier, though i doubt they would run decent slasses. Keep searching around an looking at new gyms and their student benefits.....good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)