How much do you pay per week for your Fitness First Membership? [rip off] (1 Viewer)

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
LOL! i pay $0 motherfuckaz.

I coach at my gym, so i get paid $15.06/h as well as no entry/mebership free.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ok I got a quote featuring their corporate rate, and was quoted $39.90/fortnight +
$70 admin fee + $0 joining fee if I commit for 12 months.

Lol, so much for a 'discount' if that's what joobl was paying last year.

quik.

HSC
If they won't wave all the bullshit fees I would walk out. I would also tell them to go lower than 20 a week, hell even 15, but I'm a huge tight arse :]

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Ended up going with V Club. Really amazing fitness club: they even have pole dancing classes.

Benefits:
  • Crazy amount of classes per day (there's like one every half hour). Some of those classes are even run by famous people. All are free
  • They have a pole dancing studio
  • They have a 37 degrees celsius yoga room: good for detox after drinking
  • Free use of personal trainers for advice (not an actual session, but you can grab
  • someone and be like "yo! show me how to use this shit. should i be using it? how many should i do"
  • Personal TVs with 11 channels on every treadmill, stepping thing, etc.
  • Awesome pilates stuff (special machine not available in australia anywhere else)
  • State of the art cycles
  • Dancing classes
  • Members lounge with free wireless
  • Sauna
  • GHD hair straightenners for women in their lockers (But I am trying to get one installed in the men's)
  • Quite empty at 7pm which is when i cum

The bad thing is that it's more expensive than fitness first ($23/week)

NinjaSauce

HSC
stazi said:
The bad thing is that it's more expensive than fitness first ($23/week)
Damn it,

Fitness First Mosman and Bond Street are ridiculous. Maybe i look like i am made of money (poor student)? This weekend i went to these places, and the absolute lowest rate was $22.00/week.

At Mosman, i could get $10 a week, but that is if i arrive between 11-4 , which just ain't cool.

Cruising the net, I'm seeing a lot of people with $20-25 a fortnight!

Screw this, i'm going back to PCYC, $35 a month. No joining fee, no commitment, and much better atmosphere. The problems are travel, and slightly... aged.... equipment.

I have heard if i go to FF on the last day or two of the month, they'll lower the prices drastically (They have sales targets to meet), any experiences?.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
NinjaSauce said:
Damn it,

Fitness First Mosman and Bond Street are ridiculous. Maybe i look like i am made of money (poor student)? This weekend i went to these places, and the absolute lowest rate was $22.00/week.

At Mosman, i could get $10 a week, but that is if i arrive between 11-4 , which just ain't cool.

Cruising the net, I'm seeing a lot of people with $20-25 a fortnight!

Screw this, i'm going back to PCYC, $35 a month. No joining fee, no commitment, and much better atmosphere. The problems are travel, and slightly... aged.... equipment.

I have heard if i go to FF on the last day or two of the month, they'll lower the prices drastically (They have sales targets to meet), any experiences?.
Is Virgin Active open in the northern beaches yet? That gym looks orsum.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
the fitness first employees are never approachable. they all look like stuck up effers.

NinjaSauce

HSC
I had to look up Virgin Active to see what you were talking about...

Looks like it will be "later this year" *rolls eyes*, but will be located in Frenchs Forrest.

A Little far for me to travel.

My current plan is to beat up a friend of mine, and see if i can steal his old school FF membership ($40 a month).

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh right. virgin active seems orsum: you get a personalised card that you scan at each machine, and it tells you what intensity you should be doing of treadmills per week, etc. Tracks your development.

Pace_T

HSC
lol
the best gyms out there are the ones that dont bug you about things

Allan vB

HSC
I pay $60 per month, seems a but steep but it includes all gym, all classes and also, squash and wallclimbing, not to mention free equippment hire... They offered me $165 for three months but decided not to. I might go off it as the HSC gets even closer... Less than 6 months left - then I'm finished... FOREVER!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)