How much easier is 3unit than 2! (1 Viewer)

Is 3 unit easier than 2

• Yes it bloody well is

Votes: 68 73.9%
  • Ahhh um no dude

Votes: 24 26.1%

• Total voters

sif not 99

3 unit is SO SO much easier than 2unit, or well thats what I and most of my buddies at school think.

Your thoughts?

Im doing postmodernism as my elective btw, and is the least done (like 300 ppl last year) and apparantly the hardest.

staree

HSC
N/A
I did retreat from the global which was by far the easiest one out of the lot i reckon! and then the shipping news mysteriously became a film ( a flopped film but a film nevertheless ) a few months after the hsc...... coincidence.. i don't think so......
*insert x files theme here*

sunny

meh.
HSC
At least for 3u we don't need to go looking as much supp material for all these modules!

lexie

Junior Burger
HSC
N/A
probably easier because i enjoy it more than adv
good module

HSC
Yeah, Eng Ext. 1 is definitely easier than Eng Adv.

But it still sux staying after school for 2 hours for it.

But I have to say Eng Ext. 2 is the easiest of them all :)

You don't have to turn up to class, except when assessments are on or if she just wants to see the class for about 5 minutes about something. It's almost like another free period...

All you have to do is maintain a journal and do that major work :p

shinsetsu

I think ext1 is harder... for me it is anyway ^_^ To put it simply, there's a lot for me to study in ext1. I have one of the chunkiest folders to revise through, most of it being related material taken from the net. I don't have much related material for Advanced... well... nothing compared to ext1. Which consists of a lot of quotes and exerpts of texts from the 19th century, along with a study of another 19th century extended text (a novel, film, play...etc.)

Hoie, ext1 isn't that bad, but for me, it's harder than advanced ^_^

take care,

kannonboy

YES 3U rocks.. it's this AoS:Change bullshit that scares me, does anyone know if you can count just the 3rd and 4th unit of english instead of the first two?

Enigma

yeah.. the exam tomorrow is goin to SUCK.. how's everyone goin in preparing for it?

and yes, you can just count the third and fourth unit... good luck tomorrow...

debugz

HSC
with 3u u need to know a lot more shit about a specific thing.. which.. if u dont like.. is terrible....

i think wiht 2u, u knew a bit about everything, and it enabled u to balance out your weakness areas, whether this bbe oral presenations, essays, drama, interviews.. whatever...

i did 3u crime fiction... enjoyed it, but man.. you'll never relise how deep something can get until u study it in ext. english.

4u... ahhh.. major work.. we'll see if u think its easy the day before it due... :p

Coffee_Fan

Wait for the dark
I'll Say

i fully agree, at least with extension 1 u there's less content you have to study, and it's heaps more interesting.

Advanced is so frickin boooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng!!

HSC
Re: I'll Say

Originally posted by Coffee_Fan
i fully agree, at least with extension 1 u there's less content you have to study, and it's heaps more interesting.

Advanced is so frickin boooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng!!
How is advanced boring?
Which texts you doing?

For me I got Frontline, Brave New World and Blade Runner, which were all quite interesting. Plus you get to look for additional texts to your liking...

The only thing I don't like is King Lear...

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i hate most of my 2u texts...gwen harwood's poems suck, they are so simple and meaningless and boring. we keep picking at nitty gritty details and blowing them out of proportion...how the fcuk does alliteration or sentence structure or any other techniques for that matter relate to change?! bloody hell. the general themes of her poems relate to change, but she sure doesn't use techniques to emphasise change...

i actually like king lear! its really interesting. im usually not a big fan of shakespeare, but ive seen a few productions (video and theatre) of the play now and i really like it. i think that the whole looking at and analysing productions is interesting, very drama-ish (even though drama people apparently don't have to studyperformance)

frontline is funny. emma and clueless is a piece of shit though. i still haven't read emma (did my trials for them today) and dont intend to. it sux ass...

3u is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better. even though im so much crappier at it its so much more interesting. i think its cos we're doing such a variety of texts - play, poetry and television, not boring novels, so its a change.

the exam looks like a real bitch though...can't wait... :(

Coffee_Fan

Wait for the dark
hey

i just don't like the advanced modules. we're doing bnw and bladerunnder aswell, king lear and the justice game, the justice game is the best.

i love ext1 apart from the fact that we start school at 7:45am every friday and tuesday, that's kinda sucky.

ext2 is the best though, apart from the fact that we have a major due very soon, i love the class, and we do nothing!!

Mercurial

Yeh,

I think in extension there's more room for personal responses rather than the usual prepared essays and scribble fests of advanced.

Learning the stuff is alright cuz u get to like examine the texts for interesting stuff but over all 3U is still harder. Because 1) the questions are harder and unpredictable (esp the creative composition). And 2) the standards we r expected to meet r much higher.

But u theres a fair chance u get scaled up. I guess everythings fair.

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
There are only 5 guys in the class ... and one cool teacher who purposely wears slobby clothes on the day of school photos ... compared to an evil Sister for 2-unit who yelled at me last week and said that: "if you left this class, I would have no objections .... "

PS. I have thoughts that she is a Sister of SATAN!!!

Ac (but thats just my opinion ... )

Mordenkainen

HSC
N/A
Um..
Let's compare:
2U English -> 4 modules to study for in 1 year (1 from stimulus, 2 from prescribed for change + 2 additional texts, 2 transformation, 3 speeches, 1 critical study and 2 other additional texts) = 13 texts to memorise quotes from in total
3U English -> 1 module to study for in *1 year* (2 prescribed, 2 additional) = 4 or 5 texts depending on whether you're studying poetry for your prescribed.

Which is easier? Hmm.. I wonder :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)