How much harder is a double degree? (1 Viewer)

Zaza101

HSC
just wanna know how much harder is a double degree?

I've got an offer into BIT allredy, but considering changing to Bachelor of Media Arts and Production/Information Technology

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
just wanna know how much harder is a double degree?

I've got an offer into BIT allredy, but considering changing to Bachelor of Media Arts and Production/Information Technology
Its not harder, it just takes longer, you do the same number of subjects each semester as a single degree student but you study for an extra two years. I.e. I do a double degree and I do 4 subjects a semester like single degree students and the total time I will take to do my degree is 5 years.

Andi0390

HSC
I'm just starting a double after a year of a single degree and it doesn't look any harder, just longer.

Even in the 5th year you are only really doing equivalent of third year courses. You don't do any more work at the time either, same workload as a single degree just goes for an extra two years

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Its not harder, it just takes longer, you do the same number of subjects each semester as a single degree student but you study for an extra two years. I.e. I do a double degree and I do 4 subjects a semester like single degree students and the total time I will take to do my degree is 5 years.
Only one extra year for most non-law/engineering double degrees.

Zaza101

HSC
thanks, i should probley talk to the university about it, if i can get into the DD its gona be 4 years for me (BIT/MP)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)