How Much is Parking at UNSW (1 Viewer)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
It's up to you where you park. Inside is obviously undercover and all that. If you're not at uni much $8 is nothing, really. At night it's safer parking in the station than having to walk a fair way.. even though I've done it before.

And if you can, carpool with someone, and get them to drive sometimes or something - it's a lot cheaper than getting the train/bus!

I gave you a few streets in my last post.. It's hard if you get there anytime after 8:59am or before about 11am. If I have a 10am lecture I go to uni at 9 anyway just so I get a park closeish to the uni. I don't like walking.

Eeko

Banned
eeko lives in sylvania

so is it confirmed? Students pay $8 a "day"to park inside uni?

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
I think it's $8 for all day parking but you can pay for a few hours if you're not going to be there that long.

Oh, ok. I live in Sth Hurstville.. I drive with my sister most of the time and it turns out to be cheaper than train travel and travel 10 x 2 each week.

Hoyin

HSC
N/A
oo i live in hurstville too
it turns out cheaper?? fuel money vs train n bus???

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by Eeko
public transport cost too much

specially the private buses

and i live in the SHIRE... so isolated
I live in the shire, and i take private bus, train, bus. You get used to it ...

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
yeah. i drive a barina so the fuel consumption is good anyway.. but for two people who go five days a week it really turns out cheaper.

Hoyin

HSC
N/A
if u are willing to pay $8 to park in uni... will it be hard to find space?? or it wouldnt be hard?

Eeko

Banned
if i paid 8 bucks a day and still cant find a spot... then I'd shoot someone

Capulet

UNSW rulz!
lol eeko.

its $4 for 5 hours. then $4 for the whole day

so if ur days starts from 9 and ends before 2 like some of my, its only $4.

anyone live in epping? i wouldnt mind getting a car pool thing going.

what time does barker st and high st fill up, 9am? and on those side streets sometimes it says 1 hour parking only, does anyone actually check? or is it just there for show.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Barker fills up really quickly, so if you want a park get there well before 9am. The uni-side of the streets perpendicular to Barker also fill up really quickly because they're close to the uni!

And yes they do check, Capulet.. they have parking inspectors walking around all day and you WILL get fined. Note you also get fined for parking across walkways or driveways. (It's about $68).

Hoyin

HSC
N/A
any one know of n e places outside uni.. around barker streets or other places where u can park.. *and little people discovered that spot*
ps me.. =)

suz

HSC
I'm at the gong and for the whole year my parking permit cost $200

Patricio

UNSW Member
Originally posted by anti
And yes they do check, Capulet.. they have parking inspectors walking around all day and you WILL get fined. Note you also get fined for parking across walkways or driveways. (It's about $68).
I got fined the very 1st time I went to uni and parked in a 1 hour spot for 8 hours. But I only got fined for being the minimum amount over - it could have been a lot worse!

Hoyin

HSC
N/A
how much would the fine be.. if ure caught without parking ticket????

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
i park off-street. it takes you about 10 minutes to find some parking off street but usually its only about a 5 minute walk to the actual uni so its not too bad.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
whats that car parking place near the scientia? is that part of the $8 parking thing or do you need one of those parking permits that staff uses? i parked on the top level there in year12 and noone seemed to notice.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
maccas has a 30 min limit for maccas customers and im sure they'll call someone to tow you :)

the carpark near the scientia is THE carpark as far as i know.. and yeah that's the $8 parking thing. you have to go up to about the 5th level before you can park casually tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)