how much study are you doing a day? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovenatalie

HSC
well in year 11 I did preliminary maths, ext. maths and physics for 6 months, and then did the hsc courses for those subjectsi n 6 months and sat the HSC last year for those subjects, and this year I did the same thing with history english and french!
are you feeling confident about history though?
I don't like studying for subjects like history and english, you have to write so much!!!

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
gaoOO said:
so it's only me that gets all my most embarassing moments shouted out to the world.

i'm definitely expecting at least 30 phone calls after UAIs are released. In fact, my parents know about 15 other people doing the hsc this year. I sincerely hope they all fail (well not really, all that have to do is get a little bit worse than me...)
LOL, no i will be getting 30 maybe more calls to my house but yeh i guess my parents are just a little bit different. Although i dont wish for anyone to do badly! You must feeling horribly stressed :p I've seen some of your marks and rankings in other threads - you're ULTRA smart, so not to worry :D

ilovenatalie said:
well in year 11 I did preliminary maths, ext. maths and physics for 6 months, and then did the hsc courses for those subjectsi n 6 months and sat the HSC last year for those subjects, and this year I did the same thing with history english and french!
I don't like studying for subjects like history and english, you have to write so much!!!
I love history :D and i dont mind english so those two subjects are not a problem to me. History and english are two subjects that i can do fairly well in with putting little to no effort in.

G

gaoOO

tanjin said:
LOL, no i will be getting 30 maybe more calls to my house but yeh i guess my parents are just a little bit different. Although i dont wish for anyone to do badly! You must feeling horribly stressed :p I've seen some of your marks and rankings in other threads - you're ULTRA smart, so not to worry :D
i think my parents lie to me- they keep telling me it's ok as long as i get into uni... it's a lie! That's not what they think at all! I'm surprisingly not stressed. I've got a great timetable, 100x better than my trial timetable, and i managed to cram that off ok, so hopefully, it will all be fine. I'm not that smart, only lucky.

jirwin

HSC
ilovenatalie said:
seems more stressful trying to cram a whole 2 yrs into 1 yr.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
hey magpam (why the username change?) I'll go through your essay once I have more time (I'm getting off the computer now) but just from the quick glimpse I took, one thing you might want to work on is making your discussion points as integrated as possible. You don't want to start off paragraphs with words like "firstly" and "secondly". Instead, maybe try to find a way to make the end of Paragraph A flow smoothly into what you want to mention in Paragraph B. It's that kind of sophistication in your structure that markers like to reward. :)

Legham

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Hehe, I know :( Well my net won't let me go to any other sites than BoS, and seems to be maintaining my MSN, but that is all it's doing. Nope, my late is around 2-3am :uhhuh:
Hey gab, did ya try restarting your computer when that happens? Happens to me sometimes as well. Especially if MSN was on before the other websites stopped working. I just restart the computer and everything works fine again. I have no idea why it works with BoS only :confused: When i was away from bos and myspace was my most visited website it did it with myspace instead..

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
I got 0 hours of study done today :D Yay for me! :( I'm scared.

Im hoping to get 5 hrs done at night.

Last edited:

xD LOL xD

pulsatile
HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
ok i will ummm :)

but anyway heres the link:

omg omg omg oh yeah i just recieved an interview the uni i really want to go to omgsh oh my gosh :D
:wave:

I'll admit I didn't read you essay, just the intro and conclusion (I skimmed the rest) and also I’m not doing your texts. I highly agree with what Jachie says, don’t start off paragraphs with 1st, 2nd …and don’t write “in conclusion.” - it lacks sophistication.

In short: the intro was a little clichéd - particularly the “dictionary meaning. ” The conclusion should also be used to sum up the concepts you argued in the body of the essay rather than introducing your statement and then having another explanation. Both the intro and conclusion were a little long, repetitive and verbose at times. I found you tried to develop too many ideas about journeys ie interpretation/challenges/rewards (- they fit into one concept, but the wording and structure could be a little tighter.)

Hope this helps. :):)
xoxoxo

GOOD LUCK BOSERS!! <3

Edit: Uni interview - well done Mel!!

Last edited:

starrysky

HSC
I've done five hours of Business today, and I have two topics to go for notes. Hoo-fucking-ray.

Tired.

Tanzin! Started yet? We can be interpersonal motivational people akin to Photoshopped informercial people with the whitest teeth possible, inspiring each other to stop blinding people with the fake dentures and study instead. Sounds like a plan. (Y)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
starrysky said:
I've done five hours of Business today, and I have two topics to go for notes. Hoo-fucking-ray.

Tired.

Tanzin! Started yet? We can be interpersonal motivational people akin to Photoshopped informercial people with the whitest teeth possible, inspiring each other to stop blinding people with the fake dentures and study instead. Sounds like a plan. (Y)
LOL....no :( Studying just isn't my thing right now. Bad timing ay?

jirwin

HSC
i didn't read the essay fully (trying to study myself for once) but its way too lengthy... could anyone re-write that in an exam... i for one think too many texts were used but i can't be sure as i didn't read much, if any.

G

gaoOO

fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
ok i will ummm :)

but anyway heres the link:
sorry i haven't replied yet. I went offline to do some studying (hooray, i did another hour and half)

i think your analysis of the texts is fine, as well as your ideas. The main thing i would suggest is just editing the language. I agree with what the others said about the "firstly, secondly, in conclusion." You don't really need them to indicate where your essay is going and i think it actually detracts from the flow of your essay. Play around with the way you phrase certain sentences, sometimes there are clearer ways to explain things. Also, your language feels more like a formal speech than a formal essay in a lot of places, so again, it's just trying to choose the right words. If you make the language just that bit more sophisticated, i think it will be fine. [i'm seriously repeating myself here...]

It's a bit, or rather, very long... i don't think you'd be able to write that much. The introduction and conclusion are pretty lengthy- i don't think you need to go into that much detail because that's what you explore in your essay.

If you have the time and i suggest you try an integrated approach, but bear in mind that this is the harder way to write your essay, so if it doesn't work for you, probably stop...

It basically requires you to make one point, eg. the way journeys challenge us, and then delve into the ways these are explored in all your texts.
So it would be structured something like this:
Journeys challenge us blah blah...
Then you would refer to the relevant points from your text
eg. this is illustrated through the technique of BLAH in the text BLAH.
You would then move on to another point.
Although journeys challenge us, they result in growth blah blah...
Then you would refer to things from your texts which demonstrate this concept.

I think if you do the integrated approach, your essay with flow much better. However, if you try this and find it difficult (it can becomes scattered and you might lose focus), i would suggest simply making more explicit connections between the texts. At the moment, it seems a bit like "introduction, chunk 1, chunk 2." Discuss the first text as one block, and then the second text as one block, but when you talk about the second text, make some detailed references and comparisons to the previous texts, so it's "introduction, chunk 1, chunk 2 + drawing together chunk 1 and chunk 2" and then continue making these connections throughout the essay. I can see that you've said things like, "in the other texts," but i think you need to be more specific.

As I said before, the ideas and the analysis is really quite good. It's just that you haven't really mastered the expression of your ideas.

English is actually not one of my strengths either, so hopefully i haven't completely mislead you. And i'm sorry that i repeated myself so much. Anyway, i should probably get back to studying.... :sleep:

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
damnit.

duno whats wrong =(
i`ve only done like half an hour today TT

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
damnit.

duno whats wrong =(
i`ve only done like half an hour today TT
I did that yesterday...what a waste of a day. Ugh.

HSC
minimum of 8 hours a day...trying to do atleast 2 hours a day of each subject, so thats 10 hours, and then trying to focus on a couple more on areas im struggling in...so im trying to do 12-15 all up...but its not working...but 8-10 is better than none at all!

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
parramattitude said:
minimum of 8 hours a day...trying to do atleast 2 hours a day of each subject, so thats 10 hours, and then trying to focus on a couple more on areas im struggling in...so im trying to do 12-15 all up...but its not working...but 8-10 is better than none at all!
LOL no shit...8-10 would be a miracle for me.

Russdog

russell
HSC
parramattitude said:

...wow

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
parramattitude said:
-speechless-
you do more study in one day , that I do in two.

thats nuts - but good stuff :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)